All reviews la ropa ocean view party scene dona prudencia per night year after year included breakfast oceanfront room beautiful beach front row closer to the beach low season flat screen each morning las gatas the entire staff vm
Reviewed January 25, 2017

This is quite a small resort but it seems to be well kept and the large room we stayed in was very clean and quaint. Seems to be a good resort for seniors or families. Not much for nightlife or shopping around the immediate area. The rooms are quite modern except they still use keys for the doors rather than cards and the safe in our room, at least, required a key as well. Playa la Ropa is a smaller so therefore less busy beach than Playa El Palmar but it is a very beautiful place if you are looking for some r & r.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gotthetravelbugtoo
Reviewed January 20, 2017

We never go anywhere twice but this will be our exception! This small friendly hotel has great pools, is on the beautiful LA Ropa beach and has great food service. The bed and breakfast option with all drinks provided was a perfect combination for us as we do not like all inclusive. Try the clay pot eggs for breakfast....and the Chile Rolleno is the best I have had anywhere!

We were originally assigned a room near the road but were able to move to an ocean view room after day 3 - wish these could be booked in advance.

Room Tip: ask for rooms that are in the 1100,1200,1300 or 1400 block if you can - 1500 is roadside - there are only 2 floors
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Derick P
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. We were supposed to stay at Viceroy , but they wanted to charge us $100 for our two kids. At Hotel Villa Mexicana we got an all inclusive drinks and breakfast package...both were great. If you are going to Playa la Ropa to enjoy the beach...this is a great spot. Rooms are clean!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter W
Claudia n, Director Comercial at Villa Mexicana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your comments.
We are glad that you have enjoyed this new plan and your recomendation is fabulous.
Thank you.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

We stayed during Christmas break, so the beach was very busy! The hotel, however was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was delicious! The pools were clean and enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel, and will definitely be returning, hopefully next year!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethW1506

Thank you so much for your comments.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay.
It is a pleasure for us to attend you.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

First and foremost - the staff here is amazing!!!! I struggle with Spanish, so each morning, I was given informal mini-Spanish lessons by the wonderful staff, who were more than patient and kind to me. I can't wait to see them all again.

Next .. the location is perfect. My room was on the first floor, basically 50 steps to the beach, ten steps to the closest pool. The grounds were immaculate. The beach is beautiful. A cab to town cost less than $5 USD round trip.

The restaurant .. breakfast was my favorite. My reservation included breakfast. Chilaquiles, and other dishes I would have never attempted, were delicious and served by the most friendly staff. I only had dinner at the restaurant one night, but it was delish!

My room was basic. Nothing fancy, but had everything I needed. The hotel provided bottled water, which was nice. My only "complaint" (and not really a complaint, but it is good to know) is that ice or a fridge is not available in the rooms. But that's an inconvenience you can certainly work around.

I am definitely going back. Hopefully in June again. I pretty nearly had the entire place to myself. Paradise. Relaxation. Quiet, safe, and peaceful. Affordable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Pam E

Thank you so much for your so nice comments.
The ice can be provided at restaurant with cost by the moment.
We hope to see you soon in this your second home!