All reviews que canta house manager the penthouse every morning ramona butler flowers bed town
Reviewed May 13, 2017

I almost hesitate to write this review because I want to keep El Murmullo as my own little secret. I stumbled upon it on a travel website and couldn't find much information about this little gem of a hotel online, but I booked it anyway and am so glad I did.

El Murmullo is essentially an ultra-private 4-suite boutique hotel situated on a privileged point in the middle of a stunning bay. Because of its location on a promontory, there are 270 degree views of the water. It sits at the edge of Playa La Ropa, a lovely beach with soft sand, but you won't even need to go to the beach because everything you need will be onsite. When we stayed, there was only one other couple there, and so we essentially had the entire building--complete with living room, library, pool, cabana, swim-up bar, dining gazebo on the water to ourselves. The photos on the website are very accurate, and the grounds were immaculately kept. Imagine having an ultra-private mansion on the water with friendly and accommodating ever-present staff. That's what this experience is. Our suite--one of the 2 junior suites on the second floor, was beautifully appointed with stunning views, a generous walk-in closet, a private plunge pool, complimentary refreshment bar stocked daily, and bathroom amenities including locally made high quality soaps/shampoos/conditioners. The staff paid close attention to every detail.....there were flowers on the bed each night, there was fresh guacamole and salsa waiting for us when we arrived, tequila with lime on the nightstand, even bug spray was available--although there wasn't a bug in sight.

Eloin, the house butler, was ever present and ready to deliver cocktails, snacks, breakfast, dinner--whatever you wanted, wherever you wanted, whenever you wanted. He had an incredible knack for appearing anytime the thought of wanting anything at all popped into our heads, and then disappearing immediately afterwards to give us privacy. He is detail oriented--to the extent that he remembered that I prefer milk but my partner prefers cream in his coffee, and then coffee was presented just so every morning. A private chef stood ready to take your order anytime. They were incredibly accommodating with every single little request. This is heaven.

Was there anything bad? No, I can't really think of anything. The bed was a little bit firm for my liking, but this is a matter of personal preference. I felt the prices were very reasonable--especially the food and beverages given the level of service. Food was competently prepared, but not exceptional. I would recommend sticking to the more traditional and local cuisine items on the menu. El Murmullo is affiliated with the much larger award-winning hotel, La Casa Que Canta, right next door, and you have full access to all of their amenities and services, such as the gym and spa. We walked the grounds, which are beautiful, but then returned to our own sanctuary.

This is a place for people who value privacy, personalized service, and a serene environment. It's probably not for families but ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway. There is no loud music, no kids splashing in pools--just the gentle sound of the waves hitting the rocks below.

Room tip: Avoid the garden suite as it does not have much of a view. The junior suites and penthouse will take your breath away.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ana F, Director General at Villa El Murmullo, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Chicklett1,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share every detail and the special moments you had at “El Murmullo” of “La Casa Que Canta”.

We hope to welcome you again in this your own little secret place.

Warm Regards,

Ana Maria Frías

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Within the hotel Casa Que Canta there lives a very exclusive place which is on the peninsula jutting out into the sea which hosts only four suites and a kitchen and butler dedicated solely to those four. I had no idea when I booked this what an amazing place this is. I have been all over the world, stayed in villas and fancy places, but I cannot wait to get back to this el Murmullo. Eloin, Ramona, and Marvin made my stay amazingly fantastic. These folks are true professionals, and even though I have stayed in this area in a high-end Villa before, this really is the only place I would ever come back to in Zihua.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Ana F, Director General at Villa El Murmullo, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Dear AxelBigDog,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience at our Villa Boutique Hotel “El Murmullo” as well as the genuine warmth of our staff.

Thank you very much and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Ana Maria Frias