“Great place for tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paseo del Conquistador & San Cristobal
Description: La Tortuga Cucufata has distinguished itself since 1993 for its gourmet tacos, cheese chicharrón, bone marrow tacos, fresh juices and for their quality service that has surpassed that of other restaurants in the area. We continue to be the preferred restaurants with the locals as well as visitors. We provide a children’s play area as well as a bar area where you can get two for one national drinks from 6:00pm – 8:00pm every day. We are located in Plaza Los Portales, a shopping center in Cuernavaca with plenty of parking.
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant while we visited Cuernavaca. We ate dinner there and all we wanted was tacos. Food was good. Prices are average. You can order single tacos or meat by the kilo, that's the cheaper way to eat more for less. Great salsa and tortillas.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

The water have bugs, it's a shame that the manager never do somethink, the anwser of the staff was "we can't do nothink, we can't control the flys".
What for more the stupid anwser that I hear in a long time.

Reviewed January 10, 2017

This is one of the oldest and most famous taquerias in Cuernavaca. Definitely a place to try.

Since I grew up in a house that is nearby, I've been a frequent customer for a long time. This restaurant is one of the best taquerias I know. It has hand made tortillas and even hand made BLUE corn tortillas (which are hard to find and are fantastic).

My personal favorites are:
Chicharron de queso
Pastor parrilla
Queso Fundido
Chuleta Adobada

Although you can't go wrong. And the service is good!

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

The place is not the best, and the facilities not the one you expect, but you forget those things when you try their food. My favorites ; chicharrón de queso, tacos al pastor, horchata is the best thing to drink and for desserts their ice creams are the best! ( try the one of Mamey, simply delicious)

Reviewed June 25, 2016

Located conveneiently on the main drag in Cuernavaca. Dont order more than one dish...they are HUGE! The adobada and arrachera dishes are my favorite. I cant finish one, so if you order two you will have leftovers. Really inexpensive and the staff is right there to make sure everything is ok. Wash it all down with a tall glass of horchata!