“Definitely a Winner”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Entre Paseo del Conquistador y la calle San Cristobal
Description: Disfrute de un buen vino y un buen corte en una atmosfera acogedora. Además de nuestra parilla argentina ofrecemos una amplia selección de comida internacional de alto nivel. Podrá escoger entre nuestros espacios interiores únicos en Cuernavaca, así como terrazas frescas de gran personalidad. Contamos también con una extensa área de juegos infantiles y facilidades para minusválidos. Enjoy a good Wine and a great selection of meats in a warm atmosphere. Aside from our Argentinean grilled steaks, we offer a wide selection of international food of the highest quality. You will be able to choose from our unique interior spaces in Cuernavaca, to our outdoor terraces full of personality. We also have a children’s area as well as facilities for the handicapped.
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Tucked away in a shopping zone behind a gated entry. If you go be aware there is no English help on the menu and sparse on the staff. Staff is friendly and helpful. Appetizers and wine were very good. Steak was prepared tableside for the grill. Prices were good and atmosphere was excellent. Worth the trip.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

The food was truly spectacular. Carpacchio de res had an excellent blend of olive oil and capers the grilled salmon was perfectly done. The breads were warm, wine perfectly chilled. I totally recommend this in Cuernavaca. Thank you meson gaucho.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed February 17, 2016

The wife and I made a stop in Cuernavaca on our way to Acapulco. A good friend that lives there recommended the "Meson Gaucho" and now I owe him dearly. Without a doubt, I had the Best steak ever! We ordered the Bife Imperial which is a thick cut Rib Eye steak. The restaurant is very cozy, the Bar design is jaw dropping & the terrace that surrounds the restaurant is very, very nice. There is a lot of vegetation and a soothing waterfall – which is a nice touch! The wine selection is excellent, and my only suggestion would be to include Australian wine options. We ordered an Argentinean wine - Terrazas Malbec (Mendoza Valley) and it was amazing. Congratulations!!!! We shall return and we highly recommend the now famous “Meson Gaucho!”

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 31, 2016

On a day-trip from Mexico City, my family and I visited the sites of Cuernavaca. Instead of going to the traditionally-recommended restaurants, we wanted to experience Argentine steaks.

First of all, the service was good. It wasn't the annoying style of trying to force the specials or get you to order a drink as soon as you sit down. On the other hand, it wasn't the kind of service that leaves you waiting. The manager kept an eye on our table. Maybe it was because we were a table of foreigners. I don't know. I enjoyed the service and the patience with answering questions about the differences in the cuts of meat.

The food was unexpectedly fabulous. I loved the starters with the iceberg lettuce and blue cheese dressing. Also the shrimp caldo really hit the spot. Often I'm disappointed with high-class steakhouses. Maybe it's the over-priced dry cuts I've experienced in the U.S. At the Meson, we ordered the ribeye and arrachera. Both were fantastic! Very juicy. My kids don't always like steak because it's dry but they ate up everything.

Unfortunately, the outdoor seating is not what you get at Las Mananitas. After having been there, I wanted to try something less traditional. Mananitas is another level with hotel and atmosphere but for a family restaurant that has great food and is a cool place, I would come here again. Mananitas is too relaxed. Meson is a cool place with a ranch style that feels like you're in your friend's house.

For me the best part was the value of the experience. For a steak meal, it's a great price. There are many choices that are very affordable for a family. I suppose my least favorite part was the lack of a great garden but that's not why I was going.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Had a weekend wedding in Cuernavaca, so we flew into Mexico City and had a transport guide (Guillermo "Guillo" Azonos) transfer from Mexico City to Cuernavaca and navigate the +2 hour city traffic to a bucolic +1 hr ride through the forest highway that connect the cities (definitely the way to go - you might pay more than bus ride but if you are in a party of +2 - have the assurance and security to get around at your pace).

As we were approaching Cuernavaca's first city entrance (the "Paloma de la Paz" rotunda), we were a bit hungry as it was past 3PM locally and we were traveling for more than +8 hours since our last meal. "Guillo" recommended Messon Gaucho which is 5 min off Domingo Diez street from the rotunda de la Paz.

Intimate and secluded in the corner of a strip mall, Meson Gaucho's warming ambiance invites you into a Patagonian cozy cabin feeling that stages wood, wine and food for a family gathering. Excellent transition point - what a way to de-stress the ride from the highway's mountains into Cuernavaca and sooth any voracious appetite crave for exquisite food and meats!!! We ordered a couple 16 oz Bife de Chorizo split butterfly cut and were suggested to order a side of Roasted Chipotle - 2 bottles of Chilean Merlot were enough to crave our party of +6. Definitely a place to plan to have an indulgent lunch or dinner, with its due courses (this is not a fast food mock-up), so plan to enjoy a generous meal.

Date of visit: November 2015