“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Charming part of town! There is a fountain in the middle of the restaurant. The service was excellent. We had the ceviche, tortilla soup, spinach salad, scallops, Parmesan chicken, and chocolate cake with guava ice cream. Yum! And one of the best margaritas I've ever had.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

I recently attended an invitation for breakfast to celebrate a wonderful Mexican Actress, however, I have been here before, and what happens in the restaurant is quite different of the private service provided in the event room located in the roof of the restaurant.

First off, the breakfast was unbelievably expensive, the table setting was dull and old, not much production to cover all the maintenance flaws that haven´t been taken care of for quite a while now and the chairs very uncomfortable.

The breakfast was not that great and they provided a salad as a side dish with eggs...not cool, c´mon! Salad is not ok on breakfast, not even with brunch! :(

Smoking was allowed without any regard to the people there who didn´t smoke at all when the regulations clearly state no smoking in public places, restaurants or so but the organizer had no problem smoking around us, not cool at all, not ok at all.

Bottom line, I will continue coming to Gabilondo...to the restaurant, the events taking place on the roof will be greatly skipped but downstairs still rocks :D

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We started our visit in Cuernavaca with breakfast at Casa Gabilondo. It has a lovely atmosphere with delicious healthy food. An excellent choice for visitors.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I just had lunch here and had chile en nogada. It was very good, though did not realize they are served at room temperature. They also brought out a little mini loaf of bread that was piping hot and quite nice. On my check there was a tax," impuesto" of almost 15%. My waiter denied that this charge was the tip, so I left him a tip. But this is the first restaurant in Cuernavaca to charge this, and I am very skeptical about it. My host where I am staying just said all restaurants are required to pay this though sometimes it is already included in the prices. Strange as I have been in Mexico for 3 months and have only seen this charge 1-2 other times.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

very enjoyable atmosphere, many art from local artists on display and, excellent cuisine, breakfast lunch or dinner you can't miss