“Pretty Family Style”

Don Atilio
Ranked #24 of 435 Restaurants in Cuernavaca
Cuisines: Argentinian, Italian
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has the atmosphere of being in someone's backyard having a meal, it is very confortable and staff will make you feel at home. All the dishes we asked for were carefully served. The taste was great. Would strongly be a visit in my next trip to this city.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Since we were staying around the corner we went here because of the good reviews and short walk.

The staff don’t speak English so we had to practice our rudimentary Spanish.

We chose ‘bife de limo’ in two varieties- one thin strips of beef and black bean sauce and the other a large filet steak with pepper sauce surrounded by sweet peppers. On sides we had grilled asparagus with a rosemary sauce and creamed spinach.

It was all really good- especially the spinach.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

We've been there a couple of times before. We were there on November 26th. (yesterday) for dinner. My wife and I ordered Oysters Rockefeller (the menu stated Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). The 26th. was a Sunday, however they had sold out. We ordered mussels from N. Zealand instead. They turned out to be very large and rubbery/chewy. I'm from The Netherlands, famous for mussels from Zeeland (a province). There even Belgians and French flock over the border to have them. Then my wife wanted Papas a la Provencal rather than the "normal" Papas a la Francesa. Those showed up raw and were not eaten. My wife then had Salmon a las Cuatro Quesos and I Lechon al Horno. My lechon was accompanied, again, by raw potatoes.
If a cook cannot first boil potatoes, let them cool and then fry them in butter (as I do at home), just take them off the menu.
That's why I rate it now average and i'm looking for another favorite restaurant in Cuernavaca.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

First time I was here with my family and we all enjoyed the place and most important the food. We had fish, and meat, and soup, and everyone agreed that each dish was delicious. Attention was nice also and the time we had to wait to be served was average. Absolutely coming back!

Esther F, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Don Atilio, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Thanks a lot for your comments!!!

Reviewed February 3, 2016

A complete surprise and delight. We have seen the sign for this restaurant for a while and wanted to try it. There is free Valet parking for convenience and the restaurant is inside an older style home. Wonderful ambiance. We had the empanadas (meat) and they were truly like the ones from Argentina. Very juicy on the inside and nicely baked crust on the outside. Next we had the main dishes. I had the Robolo (Sea Bass) with a pear sauce and pasta. The Meat was tender and delicious. The Creamed Spinach was also great. The spinach is lightly cooked so it is not completely wilted like in most places.