“My fave in GDL but...”

Nativo Taller Gastronomico
Ranked #26 of 1,493 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Price range: US$21 - US$32
Description: Nativo Taller Gastronómico is a Mexican Contemporary Restaurant based on a classic kitchen and a mixology recipes and combined with techniques of all times and top local products.
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

They have been serving smaller portions and they are now more expensive so idk if the fame got to them. What a shame. I am a regular and notice chances like these immediately. They have an amazing menu and the desserts are amazing. Drunks are also superb. But please... don’t start insulting customers with small dishes and 20% higher price.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

You feel to be a proud Mexican when you meet places like Nativo. It is not just all the mexican modern/traditional architectural elements under which Nativo was designed but its cuisine full of mexican traditional and ancient engredients that blends in a contemporary atmosphere. What an incredible experience my leader and our customers had yesterday when we taste several dishes from Nativo's rich menu, but wait always leave room for dessert, Mexico is also on Nativo's sweet side. This is a must on your next visit to Guadalajara City. I cannot wait to be bacj. Great staff and proud floor manager will be hapoy to welcome you.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

It was a very busy Friday night, but we were able to get two seats at the bar after speaking with the hostess. They had a few people who spoke English and we able able to communicate enough. It was my birthday, so they gave us the bar stools so we wouldn't have to wait 45 mins to get a table.

They have a variety of food and drinks with many specialty cocktails. They offer many options for appetizers, salads, main dishes and desserts on their menu. We tried the beef tostadas and shrimp in a steam bun style taco - which was very delicious.

The bartenders were full of energy and were having a lot of fun behind the bar. Everyone was very friendly and did their best to understand us since we don't speak fluent Spanish. They even gave us a birthday tequila shot! Overall it was a good experience and we will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Nativo is a fancy upscale restaurant located among the ring of restaurants near the NH hotel. It is located upstairs and there are signs to the stairs. Service was excellent and we were seated outside as the weather was perfect. We were a group of 7 with some senior colleagues visiting from corporate.

We started off with beers, tequila and wine. I ordered a dish made of rare fungi like mushroom grown on corn called Huitconloche. It is similar to the rare and expensive French truffles. Other folks ordered a special cut of meat which they bring out on an elaborate tray and you can then select one which meets your fancy and at a exorbitant price! It will then be cooked to perfection per your requirements.

All the dishes came out perfect. My rare fungi dish was very similar to the French truffle, was amazingly good with a strong mushroom flavor to it. I loved it but have no idea how expensive it was. We ended up with a round of high end Añejo tequila drinks.

The ambiance, service and food were top notch but then the price was too. I thought I saw the one paying the tab hiccup! Overall a great place for dinner but pricey. I would take a guess and think it was approx. US$60-80 per person

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I ventured here for something more upscale than I could find in the centre, and this fit the bill.
They are serious about food and it showed in the horde of serious-minded staff in the very visible (but tucked away) and modern kitchen.
I had tuna tataki (a multi-textured extravaganza) and grilled octopus. All good. But what I loved was the attentive and very good servers, Ivan and Antonio primarily.
I would ditch the tv screens, which didn't match the serious food vibe. But I would go back. Lots of locals enjoying themselves on a Sunday afternoon was nice to see as well.