US$135
US$85
US$60
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$110
US$94
Riu.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Book now, pay at stay
Villa Ganz(Guadalajara)
US$129
US$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$95
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$154
US$78
Hotel & Suites Quinta Magna(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
US$126
US$117
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The positive things about this hotel is that it is very charming and well decorated. We were looking for a place that was in the Spanish design and not just a typical Holiday Inn. We were not disappointed in this aspect. Location was great as convenient to various tours and markets. The breakfast was very good and wait staff was very good. Rooms were clean. However, we didn't receive any hand towels, no extra toilet paper, and the internet connection was non-existent unless you were in the lobby. Bring your Spanish book as the staff speaks very limited English.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnRonco
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel La Rotonda, Guadalajara, Mexico

We stayed at the hotel La Rotonda in Guadalajara during the first week of April. We were looking for proximity to the Centro Historico and found the hotel's location just a half block north of the Rotunda, on the same street as the Basilica and the Regional Museum to be ideal for touring the city.
The La Rotonda Hotel is a beautiful building on the outside and on the inside with much stonework. The rooms are large with high ceilings and reasonably modern and adequate. Large bathrooms, hot water, cable TV, WiFi in the rooms, telephone and an in-hotel restaurant make the hotel complete.
We paid 650 Pesos which is a reasonable rate for the location. The hotel is quiet although it is in the heart of the city.
Outside near the rotunda to the famous people of Jalisco State, double-deck buses start their tours of the city.
To be picky we would mention that the shower head in our room was antiquated and needs an upgrade, and that the room had no AC, just a ceiling fan. None of the rooms offer AC. This was satisfactory in April but might not be in July, although Guadalajara offers an ideal climate. Value, ambiance, and location make Hotel La Rotonda a worthy stop in the city of Guadalajara.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel four nights for a conference. The location is great, right in the historic downtown. The hotel is colonial style and very clean. I was most impressed with how accommodating the staff was, like tracking down a converter the first night when I realized my three-prong charger wouldn't fit in the two-prong outlet. There's a restaurante and café as well. The only downside was no A/C, so the room got a bit stuffy (though there was a large window with a screen)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I came to Guadalajara for a job teaching English and needed to be effective from day 1. I found La Rotonda charming - the reception staff were bright and efficient. And the younger ones are bilingual - even better, they let me practise my bad Spanish on them and then we switched to English if I got stuck. This charmed me.

The place is clean, and it has high ceilings and stone walls and pillars arranged around courtyards. Rooms have double wooden doors opening into them, and balconies. I was put first of allinto a room at the back, which felt quiet and rustic. It made a change from the zooming, rattling car noise of my previous hotel. the only problem was the wireless internet couldn't get there. So I asked to change rooms and the reception staff were very quick and efficient in organising this. I got a bigger room that's on the street front so not quiet like the other one but practical because I needed to work on the laptop.

things went wrong of course - the toilet broke twice, the light bulb blew. For me this was a great opportunity to try out my bad Spanish on the reception staff - and the handyman sorted this stuff quickly. I was trying to find a sauna - I do this for my health - and one of the receptionists rang up a couple of gyms in Spanish for me. No sauna, sadly, but this was so helpful because my language isn't up to phone calls.

There's daily breakfast, for which you can get cheap vouchers - and it's big... all those meat dishes they go in for, tacos / tortillas freshly made, fruit, cake, lashings of hot coffee. There's a coffee shop next door they own too, which I went in a few times.

Also I wasn't well when I arrived in Mexico - stomach problems - which made eating difficult. I was picknicking on dry crackers and avocadoes, because I couldn't stomach protein foods and dairy. I asked the waitress if I could just have a plain vegetable soup and she sorted it for me, even though it was late. The staff were very sweet and welcoming and this meant a lot to me.

Room Tip: For internet access you want a room near the wireless access point - so the balcony rooms at the front near reception seem the best. It's worth testing your laptop in room first before you commit to it. If you want a romeo and Juliet romantic feel and calm in the center of the city then go for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kath b
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We tried to stay here. After several emails to hotelselectos.com requesting a reservation were not answered, I tried calling the hotel directly. Got as far as "Habla ingles?", which the desk clerk answered no to and then she hung up on me! I then had a friend who is a native spanish speaker call. She made a reservation and asked them to email me to confirm it. They did not. I then sent a letter via registered mail with my credit card info to confirm the reservation I hoped I had. No response. At that point I made a reservation elsewhere. When I got to Guadalajara, I went to Hotel La Rotonda and they had my letter right there at the desk! Too late, but I will say the place was in a good location, and the lobby was clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple