See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2017

The hotel is nice, not modern instalations but confortable. It is very well located, close to restaurants and stores. There was no breakfast included on my rate, just noticed when the staff came running after me all way to the lobby haha very embarassing, don't recommend that. Pay attention!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed February 16, 2017

I really like the hotel...the staff is really nice, they are always trying to help you.

Also the rooms are clean and they have the basic things that you need.

The location of the hotel is really good...you can walk to a really good restaurants that are nearby and the neighborhood is safe.

My only complain is that our room had a view to a roof and there were 2 dead birds.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Staffs were extremely helpful, despite non English speaking. Facility also good for the fair price. There were shops and pharmacy nearby and lies in a very strategic location. Would love to stay again if I have chance.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2016

I have stayed at Plaza Diana many times over the years and I don't think I will be back. The price goes up and up, the rooms are not as clean and the staff a little less friendly than in the past. Pros: nice restaurant w/great breakfast buffet. Bar open 5 to12pm allows smoking, friendly barkeeper. On the bar menu is a pizza for $90 pesos. Best deal ever, feeds 3 people, easy. Cons: 1. New fake wood flooring in the room is noisy. We were awoken, more than once, during the night by the neighbors walking, probably women in high heels. 2. On check in, they charged one night on my credit card, although I was staying 3 nights. Ok, no problem, I will pay balance on check out, right? Wrong! Everyday I had to go to the front desk and pay for the day, but didn't know. I would get locked out of my room. Weird to say the least. One day I was in my room, trying to rest about 3 pm. Had the do not disturb sign on door and within 30 minutes I had 2 different people open my door and come in. I really didn't like that! But, apparently, they were checking on the room since I had yet to pay. While I speak some Spanish, neither could tell me why they were in the room. The man did finally tell me to call the front desk. They need a different system! 3. Probably the number one reason I am finished with this hotel is there is really nothing within walking distance, any more. No shopping, no restaurants for dinner, nothing but an OXXO across the street (which is a plus). We like to get out and explore by foot and this is just not the place. There are places to stay in the historic district, in Zapopan, really everywhere, that are cheaper, as nice and have attractions, shopping, restaurants nearby. Thank you Plaza Diana for being my go to hotel for over 10 years. Gracias y Adios.
For those who have never traveled to Mexico before, let me give you some basic tips that will make your trip a thousand times more enjoyable. 1. Waiters will not come and take your order if your menu is open. They don't want to rush you. 2. They also do not check on you during your meal. They are off to the side and if you need something you just catch their eye and signal them over. Again, they are there to serve you, not bother you. 3. They will NEVER bring your check until you ask for it. To bring it sooner is rushing you and it is considered extremely rude.
4. Almost no accomendations in Mexico have facial towels. It you "can't live without" them, you should bring your own without. Hard to find to buy, also.
Once you figure out the waiter situation in the restaurants, you will find the service some of the best in the world.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Lovinvallarta
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Firstly when I arrived, it happened a little misunderstanding w my reservation. It was a bit challenging because none spoke English. Besides that, the room is good -- nice bed. Wifi really works -- I was at the 2o floor. And the breakfast was great.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business