“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Malibu Hotel
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Shamrock, Texas
“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2007

We live just south of Guad. in the little town of Chapala, MX. We get
into the city every 4-6 weeks for a few days just to enjoy the shopping, restaurants and overall "big city" life. Our driver recommended this hotel and it is one of our overall favorites.
Rooms vary from standard to suites. They are very clean (have yet to see even a dead bug), the room service is almost unbelievable in speed and efficiency. The grounds are beautiful and constantly maintained, shrubs & trees are artistically cut into various shapes of animals, etc. We spent every evening in the garden before heading out to eat.

Our room came with a full breakfast for both of us. Each morning there was live music in the restaurant, the breakfast bar was well stocked and the food was delicious. There is an "internet cafe" in the lobby with high speed access. Only 20 pesos per hour for guests.
The fact that it is next door to one of the best malls in Guad. is a definite "plus". Also, centrally located to many very good restaurants such as Santo Coyote,La Tequila, etc..This is a hotel we will frequent over & over again!

Stayed March 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2006

This hotel looked very nice, but in essence its only advantage is it is right next door to the big shopping centre in Guadalajara. Appart from this, the service was appauling, and I recall the night I returned from my weekend away, there was no lights, no electricity at all for that matter, and the staff were very rude to non-Spanish speaking guests. The pool is tiny and not very clean, BUT the room was acceptable and well presented. Again, the let-down with the room was the cleaners who would clean the room if and when they felt like... In the end I stayed Quinta Magna just up the road, it was cheaper and much better!

• Stayed June 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2005

I stayed two nights at the Hotel Malibu recently, left for the coast over the weekend, and then came back to Guadalajara for business after the weekend. I did not return to the Hotel Malibu. I believe my room was around $90 US/night. I can not point to any one thing about the place that kept me from falling in love with the place, but it was a million little things that add up to a mediocre experience. I requested an iron and ironing board when I placed the reservation, and when I checked in not only was there no iron waiting for me (sure, that is a high expectation), but there was no record of my request, and all of the irons were in "lock down" until 8 the next morning (same time as my business meeting that brought me to town in the first place). Fortunately I had packed my shirt fairly well. One other example, I got a massage from their spa that afternoon. I am fairly certain that my masseuse had not only never given a massage before, I'm not sure she had ever even received one. It was the worst I've ever paid for. The pillows were terrible. But everything was clean and if I found it necessary to stay there again, I would not be upset...other than by the sense that there are better hotels to be had in GDL.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member