All reviews movie theater great hotel blackout shades financial district nespresso machine business trip modern hotel meeting room lots of great restaurants breakfast buffet hardwood floors mini bar restaurants and bars great amenities per day a great stay room service
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have stayed at the NH GDL (and also MTY) at least a dozen times over the last years. Very attractive rooms and surroundings, and an excellent value for business travel.

The hotel is in an upscale shopping area (small mall), with some excellent restaurants nearby. The hotel breakfast is probably better (and more crowded) than the dinners.

Depending on what is going on on the mall side, the noise (music) can be heard in the rooms on that side, even the upper floors, so a city side/quiet side might be your best choice.

The corner rooms are fantastic with floor to ceiling glass walls on two sides, and huge, and the standard rooms are not bad. But the lack of a real chair for any sort of work at the desk becomes quickly a pain (literally). The chairs are either stools (funky 90 degree right-angle jobbies) or a chaise of similar construction - essentially unusable for anything other than looking very designer. The wireless internet can be nearly unusable at times (slow).

The staff is always very accommodating.

Room Tip: rooms away from the mall will have less musica noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank redeye4242
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I recently stayed 8 nights at this hotel and I can say it has everything you may need to do business in the city and have a proper rest at night. Good breakfast with a wide variety of food to choose, confortable and big beds, really nice and helpful stuff and a great location near the city's most important business places.
If I may say something wrong, I miss the hotel having a little spa and swimming pool, and the gym is too small, although for the purpose of running it has three threadmills and I found myself alone all the time. Also, there were no bathtub, that would have made it better for me to relax after long working days.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th floor and the views from there are great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
ABSGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the time you took to evaluate us, we really appreciate all the comments from our guests, is very important to us to improve day by day, you´ll always be welcome in NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia

Best Regards

Alvaro Barush Sánchez
Director General

Reviewed October 4, 2011

an absolutely beautiful and modern hotel with the cleanest of rooms and a staff that was as accommodating as can be - then this will work for you. The restaurant doesn't have the most welcoming atmosphere, but the food (breakfast) is excellent and reasonably priced. The location was great for me (I needed to be convenient to Guadalajara Country Club - the hotel provided back-and-forth transportation every day) and is also next-door to an incredible (high-end) Argentinian restaurant and a nice Italian-style (mid-range) bistro. Not my thing, but tons of nice shops right there in the Punto Sao Paulo. I think a non-Spanish speaker would do fine as well. Definitely recommend if it's in your budget!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank cbandpaul

Dear Guest

Best Regards

Alvaro Barush Sánchez
Director General

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed at NH Guadalajara for 5 days for a business trip. It was one of the nicest hotel. Staffs are very friendly, no Spanish requires. Hotel is very modern, which has everything a business traveler needs (free WiFi in room for several devices, flatscreen TV, desk, combination safe...). There are many restaurants & shops onsite. The rate from my company travel for this hotel quite reasonable: $79/night.

One small tip about this hotel: if you want a room with balcony, ask for a smoking room. Of course ask to inspect the room prior to taking it, at the front desk. There are only a few rooms on each floor that have balconies, and these are hidden gem of this hotel -- assuming your room doesn't smell like smoke.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelCritics411
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I has a little hesitant to stay at this hotel as a previous reviewer talked about music starting at 10pm at the casino. Though we didn't stay on the weekend all was quiet.
I thought the food was great and wished I had ordered more room service and went down for breakfast more often but we ran out of time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple