All reviews boutique hotel dessert bar big house tranquil garden upscale area our room was spacious nice neighborhood bustling city small hotel mexican breakfast rooms are big chilaquiles fresh fruit booked this hotel coffee maker hummingbirds salvatore
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

Omg! Sometimes you just get lucky. My husband booked this hotel for my mother and I.The pictures looked very nice. Very last minute I decided to take my 12 year old along and forgot to inform the hotel. Once there, I mean, they were nothing but courteous and amazing. Opening the door for you, breezing through check In and even making it easy to add my son to our original reservation with no problem at all.
Walked in to a great and beautiful room with even a little study, where to my surprise had a bottle of wine, some lovely cheese and fruits as a welcome.
Now that's service if you ask me. Staff was very helpful and just nice. They offered a great complimentary breakfast, which was way more than the continental that is the usual. Great Mexican breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Only 2 things that I found as a downside but still doesn't change my recommendation is that the bar doesn't really offer Mixed drinks. So very limited. And also one of the maids accidentally threw away my moms insulin pen that I forgot to place in a refrigerated area, so just put in a ice glass as we ran out. My fault? Well that I didn't inform the staff but when confronted straight up lied about throwing it away, which was not a big deal and the only reason I asked for it was to know if it was still there, was all. She didn't have to get as defensive as she did and then began to talk ill about me... but enough about that.... my overall experience was nothing but pleasant and I am even planning a future visit with my husband just because I loved this little hidden gem so much.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear SPAM F: Thank for sharing your opinion. Your feedback is highly important to us, and it helps us know were are in terms of service.
Hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I am so glad a friend recommended this hotel. Outstanding service, convenient location, spacious rooms and a garden like setting...it's all here! The breakfast is included and is very good. All staff are friendly and see to our comfort. Parking is off Street. Highly recommend!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mcbern
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear guest:Thank you so much for your kind review from your experience at La Mansion del Sol hotel,

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

This is a very small hotel in a house like construction, is very clean, and exquisitely decorated, with a very cozy mood, Unfortunately it doesn't have swimming pool, the GYM is small, it has steam room, Sauna t,our bedroom is very large, dark and silent, with all commodities like stereo,flat screen, wifi internet, coffee maker, safe box except minibar, the bathroom is very large with bathtub and separated shower with all commodities, breakfast buffet is included, consisting of fresh fruits, fresh juices, yoghurt,cereal, scrambled eggs , beans,and traditional chilaquiles, traditional Mexican bread , and coffee.
the food was tasty and good quality, excellent service.
All the staff is very polite, and helpful
The hotel location is very convenient, close by several shopping centers and close by many important streets but in a very peaceful neighborhood.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear guest:Thank you so much for your kind review from your experience at La Mansion Del Sol hotel.
I am thrilled to read such kind words describing our facilities, amenities, entertainment and food & beverage offer that overall helped to create memorable vacations for you and your loved ones.
Hope to see you back very soon

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have stayed at this boutique hotel twice now, each time for a week. The staff is marvelous and helpful. There is private, protected parking. Each room is spacious and very comfortable. Stay here and get an upscale experience for a medium price. Location is close to everything but quiet and tranquil.I am sure we will stay here again when in Guadalajara.

Room tip: Book directly with hotel for best rates.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim T
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Dear guest: Thank for staying with us. Your feedback is highly important to us.
We work to make our guests happy.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is beautiful and traditional and it is located in an upscale area. You can not beat the price. But the bathroom shower was not clean there was lots of hair from the previous guest and there is mold and mildew on the tile grout. Thanks laminate floor of room #2 had a floor laminate damaged and I tripped on it twice. Service is hit or miss depends on who it is. Aside from these things it is a good place and location.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest: Thank very much for sharing your opinion; your feedback is important to us in terms of service
We apologize for the inconveniences you may have.