All reviews an art gallery boutique hotel beautiful pool area modern luxury beautiful hotel every morning bed was comfortable business trip walking distance lafayette sergio practicality mexico foyer neighborhood tub gym
Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

They have clearly focused too much on design and not on the comfort of their guests.

The room was freezing cold for the entire durarion of my stay. I called reception who explained that they didn't have heating and that they did not have any other heaters available. They could only offer me additional blankets. I asked if I could change to a room where you could at least open the window (it was very hot outside) but they were apparently fully booked.

The bedroom was very dark and only had a tiny window not letting in enough natural light. The bathroom, while very stylish, was even darker than the bedroom. The toilet had a partially frosted glassdoor which allows for 0 privacy.

They gave me 3 different wifi options - none worked at any time.

Suddenly another guest was standing in my room who had walked through a connecting door that had apparently not been locked properly! I got out of bed, locked it and put a chair in front as they had already told me i couldn't change rooms but I felt very uncomfortable. The walls are also very thin and I could here my neighbours as well as anyone in the corridor.

The only positives were the bed (very comfortable) and the room service which was absolutely delicious.

I will not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mexlu
Demetria H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Demetria, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear Mexlu

Thank you for having taken the time to write your comments about us.

I´m sorry to read you had some issues during your stay. Your information is very important for us and we took actions for them not to happen again.

Sorry for the inconveniences you had. Hopefully we´ll have the chance to welcome you again to prove that everything was unusual in our hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

This is a great Hotel with excellent attention and service.
Restaurant and bar are incredible, if you like Mexico you will find that this is a great place to have an special time for your taste buds.
The pool is a great place to relax and expend a good time with your cuple.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear danielant0ni0e

Thank you for having taken the time to leave your impressions about Hotel Demetria.

It´s glad to know you had a enjoyable stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to have you back soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

We arrived late and really appreciated the helpful desk staff. From the moment you walk in to the hotel, you'll be astounded by the use of glass, water, dark stone counters and walls and interesting art. The room was memorable, though a bit minimal on the lighting, just really cool. We had trouble with the AC and a leaky window but staffed were helpful in addressing the problem. Loved the complimentary crema de tequila. FYI: may not be the best place for kids or those with trouble with steps as the bed is on a platform step. Suggest checking out the rooms before choosing. We were told the front side was better with the street view. Some noise, but on the 4th floor, not too bad. Also, valets were great!

Room Tip: Ask to see room first.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barnetjb123

Dear Barnetjb123

Thank you so much for having taken the time to leave your comments about our Hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

We spent two weeks travelling around Mexico and this place was our finally night. Very happy to chill out here for one night. Only down side was the sink area could have been cleaner with some growth coming out of the tap and the TV reception wasn't great.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan M
Demetria H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Demetria, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

Dear Nathan M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.
We are really glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us. Next time you have an inconvenient call the front desk. We'll solve it for you.
We hope to have you back again for a longer stay.

Best Regards.

Reviewed April 27, 2015

This hotel is just amazing. They have little more than 30 rooms, each room is different, made with an amazing design. They hand picked antiques for each room adding a special touch that merge between cool and contemporary with the elegance and history of antiques.
Food is amazing (Cono Quiñones is a must)
Pool is heated all day, so whenever you just want to relax and have a galls of wine, you can flake the elevator to the 4th floor and relax.
Each room is different, s I sugar you call the hotel and make them know your needs, in order that they can asigne you the perfect room for you.
Personally I loved 301,

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joselin G
Demetria H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Demetria, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2015

Dear Joselin G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Demetria.
We are really glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us.
We hope to have you soon again so you can enjoy another perfect room.

Best regards.