“We Learned!”
Review of Sagrantino

Sagrantino
Reserve with OpenTable
Sagrantino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,261 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Huicholes y Tarascos
Description: Sagrantino, binomio de tradición e innovación que va desde su arquitectura hasta su cocina, se caracteriza por ofrecer una variedad de platillos auténticos, destaca su parrilla al carbón natural que hace de los cortes una especialidad, propuestas de nuestra Cocina del Mar y múltiples opciones que seguramente le encantarán. La cava que se alza vertical en medio del salón permite al comensal apreciar la gran variedad de etiquetas que maridarán sus platillos. Desde el bar puede comenzar por tomar un aperitivo o bien una sobremesa de negocios o placer. Su vista al parque le hará sentir en una atmósfera relajada y aislada de la prisa urbana. Lo esperamos!
Reviewed 11 November 2016

From previous trips, we learned that restaurants in the general neighbrorhood along Ave Mexico tended to be comida oriented on Sundays and closed early (5pm or 6pm) on Sundays. Fact is that we knew we would be driving in from Mexico City and would want a nce sit down dinner to relax and unwind. After some research, we chose Sargrantino based upon reviews and the fact they stayed open later into the evening on Sundays.

Great choice and we really enjoyed the walk to/from our hotel. Excellent service and a nicely prepared dinner in a nice facility!

1  Thank 324neilc

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We were looking for a quiet place to eat with great food. This was the place in Guadalajara. They offer an amazing assortment of choices. The prices are very reasonable. and the service great. I didn't think I would find food this amazing .

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Ate here with colleagues from work and we all had excellent meals. The food was skillfully prepared and presented. I had the minestrone soup and mushroom risotto and both were delicious. There was a clear emphasis on clean sanitation as the kitchen staff could been seen wearing hairnets and face masks which initially seemed a bit odd but was actually rather reassuring. Along the same lines (though not directly related other food) the bathrooms were spotless and modern. The service was superb. They were very attentive but not intrusive. Would definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Ok, I'll start with the bad, while the setting is nice, I found the restaurant to be noisy, my conversation was mixed with the music and other peoples conversations (felt like whispers), maybe outside that doesn't happen.

Anyway, now with the food:

Carpaccio de res

We had this for stater and while the beef on its own felt tasteless, when mixed together with the mushrooms and cheese it all came together to give a really good flavor. The bread was plain but good. And overall I would say it's OK but if I ever go back I will try something different as a starter.

At this point I felt like meh, but then the main dish arrived and I was surprised (in a good way).

Atún a los cítricos

I'm so glad I ordered this, it is sealed tuna with lemon, garlic (just a little, you can not even tell is there) and some other things. it was extremely well cooked, cooked from the outside and raw from the inside as it was supposed to. It is the best tuna I've had in years.

While the portion seemed a bit tiny, it was expected as all restaurants that serve this type of tuna are of equal size. The taste was excellent, all the flavors are there but in a subtle way nothing overwhelming, I really enjoyed this, and I do recommend it (I usually don't make recommendations)

Lingüini con mejillones

A had a taste of this dish as well, mussels were good but the pasta was tasteless and the sauce only tasted like tomato, in my opinion it could have some herbs or something to give it more presence. I'd say this dish is average and I would rather try something different next time.

Drinks

I had a Beer, but I also tried the Clericot and it was one of the best I've had, in my opinion it had the right amount of everything.

Dessert

I don't remember the name but it was like a brownie with hot chocolate fudge on the inside, it was delicious! but I advise to share as it is very sweet. I must say the dessert was a surprise we had from the restaurant as I was there for anniversary celebration, I was definitely not expecting that and it made me happy and I think was super nice of the staff to do that.

EPIC! Best I've had in the city. I'll tell you why, first the never tried to oversell us anything (servers usually o that because the higher the bill the higher you are supposed to tip), they were very respectful. Other thing I hate when going to restaurants is that server sometimes annoy you asking if everything is OK or if you want anything else to many times; it was not the case here, they asked us at the right time and only twice (great for me); finally I super hate it when I still have a zip or two on my beverage and they take it away, here they didn't even approach until the glass was empty (hooray).

We were served by Miguel and Ricardo, they were both extremely kind and respectful.

As for the price, while it is above average I didn't feel ripped off, price is fair IMHO.

1  Thank Ramiro G
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Sagrantino is an attractive place with a nice atmosphere, service is beyond good, wine selection do delivers

As far for the cuisine it fulfills regular palate, the selection for my visit was limited out of time so no "book alike" with episodes but a limited "easy read" with the ratatouille salmon... Which was ok but not excelled (overcook vegetables and salmon)

I suggest this place for close rendezvous' with close friends or peers and even maybe with a romantic hue