“Oasis in Guadalajara”
Review of Casa Venezuela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guadalajara
Casa Venezuela
Ranked #7 of 70 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We just got home from a trip to Guanajuato, stopping in Guadalajara for two nights and staying at the Casa Venezuela. We stayed in this Casa two years ago and were so happy for the opportunity to return.
George, the owner, is delightful, a character, and does anything he can to make you feel at home. His gourmet chef, Francisco, is charming (and talented) as well. He was kind enough to share one of his recipes for breakfast after telling him I had special dietary restrictions.
The three rooms and house are beautifully appointed with Mexican art, color, fresh flowers, plants, sitting areas and only blocks away from downtown Guadalajara. We walked to fine restaurants and local sights.

Room Tip: All three rooms are beautifully decorated in local art; we enjoyed the upstairs room and foyer to r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2011

If go to Guadalajara, the place to stay is Casa Venezuela. From the initial greeting to the farewell I felt like I was at home. I will never stay anywhere else when I visit this great city.

This was my first time visiting Guadalajara and staying at a B&B. I usually stay in hotels when I travel. However, if all B&B’s are like this, I will never stay in a hotel again. The host and the staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and content. The site is quiet and minutes from all the attractions the city has to offer.

The place itself is colorful and spacious with various ornate and imaginative Mexican knickknacks strategically placed to make you feel like you are in an elegant Mexican home… which you are. The rooms are Mexican furnished but with American amenities. For example, I loved the waking up feeling like I was in an old hacienda but still being able to turn on my laptop and get my email wirelessly.

My room was supplied with amazing fresh flower arrangements. The morning coffee is strong and flavorful. The breakfasts can be served in the dining room but don't you dare have it there! Go and sit outside in the completely enclosed terrace lined with exotic plants and Mexican statues. That is where I had my coffee every day for it is a great way to start your day.

Joe C.
Providence, RI

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I had the wonderful fortune to stay at this delightful B&B. I have only excellent things to say about my stay. The owner was a fantastic host. The entire home was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean and the breakfast was so delicious.

We were given excellent recommendations of things to see and visit by the owner, Jorge. I wish I had planned to stay longer at this gem of a B&B and if I return to this city this is where I will stay. Casa Venezuela is a gem.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2011

From the first step into Casa Venezuela, my worries were left behind. It seems no detail is overlooked, from the decor to the comfy beds to the culinary adventures. We were more than comfortable. George, our host, was incredibly accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. His knowledge of the places to see is on target. We felt and were safe, too. I cannot wait to return...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My friend and I stayed at Casa Venezuela for 3 days in May 2011. George, the owner, and his chef (I forgot his name!) are good people and really care about their guests. George has a great personality. He is an American from Florida who has been in Guadalajara for a few years. The place reflects his refined taste. He was always available to answer questions and very friendly. His chef even volunteered to take us to the local market and refused to accept the money for a taxi back to the B&B.
The place was clean and bathroom was really nice! The water pressure was a little intense and the place can be a little dark. However, overall, I had a great stay. George also hooked me with a great driver for local sightseeing. However, on the last day we had to take the driver's car to the airport but the car had no air-conditioning and it was a very hot day. So the end was not that great but it was not George's fault. He made our trip memorable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

End of May 2011 we visted Guadalajara for 3 days (2 nights) and stayed at Casa Venezuela.

Everything we expected from a highly (trip advisor) rated B&B - great location, clean, safe, but what we didn't expect was the great lengths our gracious host (George) would go to ensure our stay was exceptional. Torta's for breakfast (yum yum), advising us on things to see and do including the hottest night club, travel arrangements to Puerto Vallarta, and the list goes on.

Thank for a great visit !!! Totally recommend and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baboon812
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We visited Mexico a few months ago and our tour was more than just being satisfying. On return we were refreshed and relieved. Hotel is great with its exemplary hospitality made possible by a pool of trained staff. We had more than expected. Would like to visit again but things are not fine these days in Mexico I believe.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple