“Open Kitchen proposal is very interesting”
Review of Allium

Allium
Ranked #10 of 1,194 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Price range: US$2 - US$3
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine, inspired by the work of local producers, our greenhouse in Tapalpa and the urban garden located on the roof of the restaurant. From Tuesday to Saturday, we close the restaurant at 17:00, after finishing lunch service. We open again at 19:00 for dinner service.
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I found out about this restaurant a couple of weeks ago on Trip Advisor. I was quite surprised it was ranked among the best restaurants because it had just a couple of reviews but all of them were great, so I decided to give it a chance.

I really like the design of the place. It is small (less than 20 tables) but the ambience is pretty good. It has a open kitchen concept so you can actually see what the chefs are cooking for you.

I went for my birthday and had a wonderful time. The food is excellent from appetizers to dessert.

I tried the fish and it was really good.

The only problem is that the menu is small but it goes with the size of the restaurant.

I truly recommend this new restaurant in town

5  Thank Miguel M
There are newer reviews for Allium

Reviewed 9 September 2014

While in Guadalajara last week, I wandered into Allium for a late lunch. I had read the previous reviews here on trip advisor, and was looking forward to trying this well-recommended new restaurant. From the first bite, I was an enthusiastic fan.
Allium draws from the latest practices of culinary innovation, carefully sourcing their ingredients from quality sources. Most of the herbs are grown organically right there at the restaurant. The chefs - I believe I was told there are three in partnership - use these ingredients intelligently and artistically to create a menu that is on par with the best restaurants anywhere. Their craftmanship is really astounding. I savored every bite of my meal with a glowing satisfaction that actually made me smile with contentment. And any of my friends can tell you, a smile is not my usual expression! The wine menu is also exceptional, both varieties I sampled complimented the courses perfectly.
I enjoyed my meal at Allium thoroughly, right down to the beautiful choices of plateware the courses were served on. And the staff was so gracious, which elevated a great lunch to a completely delightful experience. I regret not having tried the restaurant earlier during my week in Guadalajara. I would have liked to have gone back to try more of the menu,
if only I had had the time. Oh well- next year!

4  Thank Bill H
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This restaurant was wonderful. From beginning to end, my hubby and I enjoyed it tremendously. To start we had a salad with heirloom tomatoes. I always enjoy having salads with fresh herbs in them. Then my hubby had a ribeye steak that had roasted herb vegetables. I just had to steal the vegetables from him because they were divine. I had a duck ravioli with a split pea cream sauce. I have had duck ravioli before, but never with a split pea cream sauce. It really went very well together. They also give you warm bread that they make themselves. They also give you a small welcome and a dessert dish. Also delsih.
For dessert, we shared a warm apple tart that they make on the spot (it takes a few min, but worth it).
They use some of their produce from their own garden , and everything is fresh and wonderful. I really enjoyed our dinner here, and will definitely come back!

2  Thank nrbrown2002
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This new restaurant in Guadalajara is worth seeking out. The food was beautifully presented, creatively prepared and fresh. We received a complimentary appetizer and also a small complimentary dessert that were both delicious. The service was perfect. The owner and the chef both came to our table to talk with us to be sure we were happy with our experience. The restaurant is using locally sourced produce and ingredients. The bill was more than we usually pay for a meal in Guadalajara, but reasonable for what we got. We would highly recommend this restaurant for a special meal in Guadalajara!

1  Thank Kelley58
Reviewed 7 July 2014

These guys clearly have a unique vision for Guadalajara, and they are executing! Each dish is a delectable, beautiful celebration of the best local produce, seafood or meat, some of which comes directly from their rooftop garden. So good so new, this project will only get better with time and refinement, but one certainly doesn't need to wait to get the good stuff.

3  Thank Phi1481
Tikinxic, Chef at Allium, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We're glad you and your wife had a nice experience. Anytime you find yourself in Guadalajara we will be very happy to have you in Allium hoping, like you said, that we have gotten better over time.

Thank you very much on behalf of the whole Allium team.