“Anniversary Dinner...perfect spot”

Price range: US$2 - US$3
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine, inspired by the work of local producers, our greenhouse in Tapalpa and the urban garden located on the roof of the restaurant. From Tuesday to Saturday, we close the restaurant at 17:00, after finishing lunch service. We open again at 19:00 for dinner service.
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Told by friends who love be here that Allium is the best in GDL. It was our 25 year anniversary so we chose here. Perfect choice. We sat near the kitchen rather than the patio and "watched the magic" as it is a demonstration kitchen. These people are talented and work hard.
Wife had fish and I the pork. Menu is small but our choices were fantastic.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Ambiance is modern with wood theme...comfortable.
Will be one of our favs for years to come when we visit GDL.

1  Thank Jim R

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Allium serves exceptional farm to table fare, thoughtfully prepared and presented. Our leisurely 2 hour lunch was fantastic in every detail. Can't recommend Allium highly enough.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

I decided to visit Allium again. This was four months after my first visit in August 2016. My brother shared that they had a new fall menu and that is was worth giving it a try. Oh was it worth it!

Allium accomplished yet again to surprise me with its great dishes. They were fresh, full of flavor and perfectly combined with elements from their local harvest.

I got there first and had the opportunity to talk to the manager for a bit. He shared some of his and the chefs' experiences, like the fact that they all studied at the New York Culinary Institute. I really enjoyed our chat, as we were able to share experiences about many other restaurants. I can only give above and beyond comments about the service. Everyone who works at Allium is passionate, well educated and extremely polite.

For this occasion we gathered with two of our very good friends who had not dined at Allium before. It was pleasant to see how much they enjoyed every singled dish that was brought to our table. They also expressed how they really liked that the kitchen was open and you could see how everything was cooked with passion and attention for detail.

We each ordered a different kind of protein. My brother ordered the catch of the day fish, which was paired with fresh heirloom tomatoes, which varied in color and gave the dish a fresh yet fancy appearance. The flavor of his fish combined with the heirlooms was simply amazing.

My friend Andrea ordered the lamb. It was extremely soft and flavorful. It came with a sweet potato pure that enhanced it with sweetness. I decided to order the pork belly, which was outstanding. The top of the pork belly was crusty on top, but as soon as you got through it the rest was extremely soft. I liked the combination, as that caused the taste to be different with each piece. It came on top of a zuccini and green tomato pure. This pure not only gave the plate an elaborate look, but it truly enhanced the flavors.

On this occasion we tried two desserts, but I will focus on one which mixed a panna cotta with five surrounding pavlovas. Oh was it good! We had to fight for the last bite (we did not, but it could have gotten to that given how good it was). This dessert was perfectly placed on top of a berry spread. This made every attempt to fill the spoon worth the effort.

Once again Allium managed to surprise me with its great combination of flavors, service and visually outstanding elements. It continued to be one of my favorite spots in Guadalajara and I wished more people new about this hidden gem, reason why I will continue to spread the word about it!

Reviewed December 10, 2016

This is not a restaurant for everyone. It's got a short menu (to keep quality high by doing the same thing repeatedly), an open kitchen and a forgettable decor.

But it's fresh food cooked to taste and presented very well.

The ceviche as amuse bouche was a very good start.

We then had the butternut and butternut puree salad on rice, which was a perfect mix of soft and crunchy.

My wife had as the main the fish on home-grown tomato. I had the lamb, which crumbled at a touch, something very difficult to achieve. Both were plated well and tasty.

The only slight snag was that the restaurant's credit card payment system did not quite work so we had to skip dessert.

It was the best restaurant of my visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2016

A great surprise, extremely good food that is prepared in front of you if you are lucky to get one of the indoor tables. The starter based on squash and the fish were impeccably presented and cooked. The chocolate cake was unbeatable. Very attentive staff. A must to go if you are in Guadalajara.