“Best restaurant in Guadalajara.”
Review of Allium

Allium
Ranked #1 of 1,325 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Price range: US$2 - US$3
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine, inspired by the work of local producers, our greenhouse in Tapalpa and the urban garden located on the roof of the restaurant. From Tuesday to Saturday, we close the restaurant at 17:00, after finishing lunch service. We open again at 19:00 for dinner service.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Been wanting to review this place since last year and finally I have the time.This is one of the best restaurants in Mexico, and I've been many times to Mexico City and Baja (I live in Guadalajara). The food is perfect, the atmosphere is perfect. The desserts are the weakest spot, but all in all, perfect.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

instinctively felt this place was going to be special - just by walking by! And it was one of the best meals we had in town, even being armed with a top list from foodie colleagues. The food was exquisite: inventive, seasonal, and beautifully presented by people who clearly deeply care about what they serve and how they make your feel welcome. We had some of the best food EVER in GDL (and we are snobby NYCers) and this was right there with the best! (and has much less of a hard-core designer vibe, which was a relief)

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing wine. Sat on the balcony. The ambiance could be a little cooler, but don't miss this food because of that.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

After reading the other reviews I was eager to come and try it out. Luckily it wasn't too busy that day. I was able to order food and do some work at the same time.
For the starters I ordered beet salad with kale, which was a little too undercooked for my taste but still good.
Then they brought the bread with hummus which was a great combination specially with the paprika/chilli sauce. The bread somehow was a bit stale.
The main course was pork chops and the size was perfect and well cooked.
The desert was very nice little ending. I had the chocolate pot. It had some raspberry sorbet and fruit in top with bitter chocolate. Good balance.
All in all I'd say this is a great place to dine and the service is great. The minor details on the food are acceptable and the price is at a good price range.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I happened to dine here on the first night of a new menu. Even so, the execution was basically flawless. Salad, fish, dessert and even the wine were all superb. The service is some of the best I've experience anywhere in Mexico. I will be back, often!