“Hipster place. Expect to queue. ”
Review of Pa'l Real

Pa'l Real
Ranked #17 of 1,507 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

This is a place to see and be seen. Lots of trendy peeps with their designer dogs and beautiful decor but this is not a style.over substance place. Their food and coffee really deliver as well. It has a lovely atmosphere and I could easily sit there for hours if I didn't feel guilty about the people waiting. Yes it is more.expensive than the average place in Guadalajara but it is worth it for high quality mexican fare.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Everyone is incredibly laid back and willing to go out of their way to help you. People who work at Pal Real are relaxed. They portray the latest in trends and fashion. They are different than the regular cultural mainstream of people working at restaurants. You can have some great conversations with people who work here.

It does not matter if you are an uptight businessman or a relaxed tattoo artist, you will enjoy your time here and be delighted by the food! I once had a very rewarding conversation with a girl working at Pal Real, who clearly explained the process of cold brew coffee. I live in Seattle (coffee city) and had already heard about it, but she amazed me with her knowledge and how well she could sell the idea behind it.

Pal Real's lonche de pancita is simply spectacular. I can't describe the level of jealousy and word of mouth effect triggered when I delight myself with this lonche. Starting with a the bolillo (a baguette look alike bread unique to Guadalajara) which is crunchy and flawlessly tasteful.The bolillo becomes a gratified container for a blend of well mixed elements that will unravel a unique Mexican taste to make your palate go crazy.

The lonche contains crema (sour cream), avocado, pancita (pork belly), onions. It is soaked in a peculiar salsa verde. Everything mixed together just makes it perfect and incredibly tasty.

I love having breakfast at Pal Real!

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Stopped in for a quick bite with friends after a local recommendation.

Nice menu and array of Mexican dishes. Also offer a good selection of craft beers. The setting is lovely with a wide open eating area to keep diners cool. The back of the restaurant has a lovely garden area and the sunken bar was really well put together.

Got the drowned pork sandwich, basically a soup and sandwich combined. Wasn't too spicy but a local friend told the waiter to ensure it wasn't to the normal standard so if you like spicy it can come hotter.

Good chilled vibe, nice staff and good food. A friend said the coffee was fantastic too.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

This place one draw back is the waiting time to get in; but the food is worth the wait. The lonches (Tortas ahogadas) are a must, as are the Chilaquiles.

Also the gazpacho of papaya and the oatmeal. It is a new version of the traditional food of Guadalajara.

Coffee deserves a special mention it is very good and prepared with different techniques. Waiters are hipsters friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

I was pretty excited about visiting this place , traveled to Guadalajara to spend my birthday with my boyfriend who lives in Tonala and since i’ve heard the best reviews about this place I didn’t mind making a 1 hour trip from Tonala to Pa’l Real. On my first attempt on a Sunday the waitress told us they where closing ( They close at 3pm on Sundays) I asked her If I could at least get a coffee to go and she said no. I really really wanted to have breakfast there so convinced my guy to take me again two days later ( They close on Mondays)
So we finally got to Pa’l Real, it wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be maybe because we got there when breakfast was about to finish. The options where limited since the kitchen was about to close breakfast and prepare for lunch. I asked for a latte and encacahuatadas my boyfriend asked for meatballs. The waiter was not very nice or kind. The latte was average... arte latte? yes... but that doesn’t make it good coffee. My encacahuatadas where good but not outstanding and kind of cold, my guy didn’t like the meatballs, pretty small and tasteless. I couldn’t stand the waiter anymore, asked for a cookie and he brought it ( no kidding ) 30 min later. Asked for bread and he made a face... a judgy one. Regardless of the service the food was as good as in any other place, must say I had better food experiences at small unknown fonditas in Tonala.