See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

We are a bit confused about how to review this property. On one hand, it is located in a nice area, close to restaurants, bars etc. The hotel itself is very nice - boutique is probably the apt description. The room was spacious and had a great bed and linens. The breakfast was good. One morning we had finished our eggs with no offer of juice etc. and we were then asked if we wanted juice and fruit? The shower in the room was a glass enclosure in the room! The bathroom was too small to swing a small cat or maybe even turn around comfortably. But all in all, it was a neat spot. The staff were ok and the "house dog" was a young sweetheart. The property was very clean and had some really interesting nooks and crannies. On our last morning there was no hot water, but, in Mexico these things happen.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2016

I stayed here alone while visiting some friends in town. Visually, it is a cute boutique hotel, but the organization and service (and friendliness) requires some work.

Pros:
-Housekeeping is almost immaculate (except they forgot water one day). My clothes were folded or hung up, and they even put my makeup brushes in glass containers for me
-Price: For the price and the last minute booking, it was reasonable
-Location: I didn't spend much time in Chapu (it's pretty commercialized), but I stayed here because it's safe and clean. I never felt unsafe, even walking back from Centro at night
-Breakfast: Simple with granola, yogurt, and fruit - but coffee was always prepared.
-Wi-Fi: Fast enough to upload trip photos
-Nice patio for coffee
-Friendly hotel dog
-Check out time is 1 pm, perfect if you're used to operating on "Mexico time."

Cons:
-I emailed about early check-in at 8, the reply said it was fine. The guy would not let me in the locked gate, told me they do not do early check-ins. After I showed him the email, he told me to come back at 9:30. Without my friend to translate, I would have been out of luck. It was 11:30 before I was finally shown to my room. After a red-eye flight and no sleep, this was pretty disheartening
-Noise - they give you ear plugs, but the bar adjacent to the property plays loud M-Pop all through the night. You can also hear the people upstairs or in the courtyard easily.
-I was not even aware that the owner was the owner for a couple of days, because she never really spoke to me. I felt she gave me weird or dirty looks sometimes. Her son, however, was always friendly, so maybe it was a language barrier.
-They would not let my two friends into my room. I needed a few more minutes to get ready, so I thought they would wait with me? The owner told them I was not there and to leave. Intentional shooing or miscommunication? Who knows

So - decent place, if you're not a tattooed American English professor staying alone and are not sensitive to noise?

Room tip: Second floor will probably be quieter
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Very nice and modern hotel boutique. Rooms are nice and clean, location was perfect for us. But there are a few things that you will not know until you get there. Be aware of the rooms layout! some rooms have a glass enclosed shower in the corner of the bedroom! no privacy!! ok if you're a couple, but I was traveling with my niece, I don't mind sharing a bed with her, but taking a shower in front of her?!! No!! Because I was not aware of this fact they gave me a separate room at no extra charge, which I appreciate very much.
Did I mention location? Lots of good restaurants and bars near by, which is great, but the noise level in the rooms can be very loud, they even offer you ear plugs at the front desk.
Rooms need better lighting too.
Overall it's a nice place to stay. Breakfast is basic, but good. Patricia the owner is very nice, accommodating and friendly.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CarlandIris
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Exceeded our expectations! The house is beautiful and impecably clean. It´s a very classy property with tons of flowers and plants. We got the Frida room with a nice tub. Very comfortable room. They give you ear plugs in case it gets noisy and they take the house keeping to the next level, I had a small bouquet of flowers and they even got a vase to put them nicely on the table. The owner is very kind and attent, we had a safe parking area which is a trouble for such a busy place. We loved the location, it´s in the middle of an area full of life. Lots of cutlure, lots to do, everything within walking distance. Tehy have this very cute puppy, Lucas, who will welcome you with a playfull hello. I would definitely come back and recommend the place.

Room tip: Diego and Frida are the best rooms. They also have carpetted rooms that are extra comfy.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

Our room was very fresh and comfortable with a kingsize bed, WiFi good, breakfast great and outdoor seating areas. Many restaurants, bars, Cafes and ice cream places very near. Public transport and Uber to the center makes the location very convenient.

Date of stay: November 2015