“Good food, setting & service”
Review of Restaurant Chai

Restaurant Chai
Ranked #363 of 1,507 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We went there this past Saturday with a group of 12 people for a celebration. We had a very good experience. We did wait some - but that is expected at a busy time and with our large group. The buffet was excellent as was the service. We highly recommend this place. Good food, good service, good environment, good prices.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Are here twice. The first we had a wonderful breakfast and the coffee was excellent! The second time was ok. Coffee looked like instant coffee so I ordered hot chocolate, which was delicious. Cute little cafe for a quick bite!

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Stopped in with some friends for a drink and snack. I had an iced coffee to combat the heat and it was good. My friends enjoyed a snack and everyone was happy with their drinks and food.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Arriving to eat breakfast at 8:30 am and finding out that the buffet opened at 9:00am. As this place has not parking only valet, I had to pay the valet price ($20 pesos), The buffet is good versus the value of what you pay and there is a kids area in the second floor, unfortunately my kids are early birds and were disappointed that they could not eat certain items they wanted from the buffet.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

I was invited here by a friend for brunch. The brunch in itself was very nice, good portions and the service was atttentive and unobtrusive. However, things started to go downhill when after a while, and the restaurant was considerably quieter, we decided to order a beer, a cake and another lemonade. After 20 minutes, when nothing had arrived, we questioned the wait staff about where our food and drinks were, and they duly arrived. I had ordered on the recommendation of my friend, who told me the cakes were 'very nice', a small chocolate sponge cake with a hazelnut and chocolate cream on top. I should have stopped when, after several attempts to get my fork into the cake, it kept bouncing off. As I was with a friend however, and she had invited me, I did not wish to be impolite and persevered. It was the worst cake I have ever eaten and an absolute disgrace that this establishment presents such substandard ítems for actual sale to people. I will continue to prefer La Maison Paulette on the opposite corner (Plaza Toscana) where I have never had either a) bad service or b) bad food. Until Chai gets their food quality and service issues sorted out I would recommend anyone avoding it. If the cake they actually sold to a paying customer was this old it makes one worry about the standard of food higiene and quality in general. I gave 2 stars as at the beginning the service and the food were good and this should be acknowledged. However, unless you want a memorable experience for the WRONG reasons........avoid. There are plenty of other, better options in this area.