All reviews no elevator mercado hidalgo beds were comfortable oxxo tunnel mexico
Reviewed April 11, 2017

I was hear for a night last week and found it be a great base to explore the city and get a night's rest. The hotel is on a main street, but the rooms are set back around an interior courtyard, which make for a quiet night's rest. The location is about a 10 minutes walk from the city center and close to the municipal police station, so probably couldn't feel much safer. The rooms are basic but mine was decorated with old mexican paintings, which gave it a nice inviting feel, and it was perfectly clean when I arrived. The staff were very helpful, arranging an early morning taxi for me to get to the airport, and even offering me breakfast the day I arrived since I wouldn't be able to eat it the following day. All in all, a great value accomodation for someone who appreciates an older mexican style hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

So they have parking wich was great since is a issue in guanajuato and yeah is like 15 min walk distance from the main street but I did not like the location is close to a bus station and during night walking back honestly that area it feels unsafe. The room was ok but it have a weird smell :/ for the price is ok but I will not stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2016

We had a terrible experience, we reserved and paid in advance (more than a month) and they did not respect our reservation, we had to book another hotel, way more expensive and out of town, they gave us our money until the next day and simply apologized. they offered a different hotel, which was old, smelly, dirty and horrible, they made us walk there (25 mins walk with our luggage) and at the end, we did not took that... so we lost more than 3 hours waiting for a solution, but at the end we had to solve it ourselves. I do not recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in Guanajuato for one night and slept in this hotel in a room of 5. The room was big enough for all of us and the beds were good... Bathrooms' door didn't close well but that was okay. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good... The only minus was the noise from the street! It was hot and we wanted to leave the window open but the noise from the street was really disturbing. Anyway, for one night it was okay... And maybe if you get a room from the other side or on the inside yard it would be better.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located at walking distance from the major attractions -spare the Mummies- say 15 minutes from plaza La Paz. The street where the hotel is located is not a touristic one, meaning that there is a lot of traffic and is noisy.
The room in the 3rd floor we've got was in desperate need of refurbishing: everything was dilapidated. Specially the wc!
Otherwise the breakfast was a good typical mexican fare, no thrills there.
Value for money, barely there.

Date of stay: January 2016