See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing good was the location to town but that was only good if you don't mind listening to drunk people, music and fireworks all night! Beds were terrible, the room was always light from the street and hallway lights, no ameities, to get WiFi you had to hang out the window, no water pressure and the drains did not work. We found out there are many other hotels for nearly the same price with much bette accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barb S
Reviewed May 3, 2012

They didn't honor our reservation even though we confirmed the day before. Luckily the hotel next door (Los poetas) had rooms and was lovely. Don't give them your business.

Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Ksss8
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Average quality of the room.
Rooms are huge and equipped with a small kitchen.
Breakfast is not offered at the hotels.
Location is very central like many other hotels in Guanajuato.
To my opinion, this hotel is overestimated on Tripadvisor; I would not recommend it!
I did not appreciate that the receptionist insisted too much to sell us his tours and gave us some wrong information (opening hours ...).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BenjiFrankfurt
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed there in a trip with my boyfriend and it was really good. I loved the decoration, and it's really clean and beautiful.
The rooms are comfortable and the service was really good too.
The view is perfect, it's lovely and romantic, perfect for a romantic trip. And the location too, it's in the center of Guanajuato.
I'll never forget this trip. Everything there was amazing.
I hope I can go back one day, because the city is awesome too, really beautiful.
And if I go back I'll definitely stay in that place again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruna B
Reviewed March 7, 2011

The location of this place is just perfect. We parked the car the day of our arrival and didn't use it until we had to leave... it's right in downtown Guanajuato, just a few steps away from the University of Guanajuato and Teatro Juárez... There are different tours that you can take to the different tourist attractions for a very reasonable price!

The hotel is perfect if you like to be outside most of the time. It's comfortable and very neat. Service was excellent and the price is low if you consider the great location of the hotel. The only advise i have, is to ask for a room WITHOUT a window... there's a lot of noise coming from the street the whole night and it's hard to rest like that. Fortunately, we moved to another room the second night and we were able to sleep just fine =).

You'll love this city. it's clean, safe and just full of places and activities you can enjoy. I'm dying to go back there and i'd definitely stay at Real Guanajuato again!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple