See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. I don't want to Ill speak of the place because it's a very cozy little hotel. I believe it does need little a more love. We were originally assigned a room with a view. Only to later find out that it had a nice view of the city but since the wooden rustic window/doors were flimsy like so it was very noisy. We heard everything. It felt as if we were sleeping outside. We asked for a change of room and it was granted. Although we slept better. It was a room with two beds and two showers. Only to find out that one of the showers was not habilitated. There's is no air conditioning but the rooms had fans. It's a very rustic hotel. It looked pretty clean. The interior deco was nice simple but with good taste. One of the bedspreads was stained. Was not very pleasant to see that. The wifi was enough for sending and receiving messages, but not surfing. There is no laundry nor cafeteria service. Only water in your room. Very well located though.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

Started off great! My husband and I went with my cousin. We got a two queen dice bed room and we're pleasantly supposed when we saw if had a small divider. Even more surprised when we saw two bathrooms. The place was really beautiful and it was almost vintage looking. It is located in downtown and within walking distance of everything.
Things we didn't like:
No hot water in showers
Only one shower worked. The other bathroom was closed at the shower head. Also, no water pressure.
Had to ask for remote controls and they only gave us one.
Noisy, which for us wasn't a huge problem by for others it may be

Overall, the bathroom situation was the biggest thing for us. For the price of the hotel, you could've stayed anywhere else. Even the holiday inn close to the bus terminal was cheaper and none of the above would've been acceptable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria P
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that my husband booked his hotel and I didn't look into it until the day before our arrival. Reading the reviews terrifies me but it was too late to cancel. Yes it's true - awkward bathroom layouts, questionable cleanliness, windows that open up completely compromising privacy. I sucked it up- and I lived to tell about it. The first day there was a family staying above us that was so loud!!! It's like the kids were copped up in there all day running and yelling. Good thing we didn't spend much time the the room which made it more tolerable. The hotel is steps away from the Diego Rivera museum and a less than 10min walk to the center of it all. For the price and location I can put up with the negatives but probably wouldn't stay here again. That being said the staff was friendly and didn't have an issue with that aspect.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2016

If you want to go out and enjoy the city, this is an excellent option. The hotel is located over a tunnel, but of course you don't hear the cars' noise. The rooftop is nice and comfortable with incredible views of the city. Rooms are clean and simple. For the price, is a very good accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Good stuff first:
- great location
- beautiful building (but you fall over them in Guanajuato)
- friendly reception (but then I speak Spanish, so that helps)

Now the bad stuff:
- VERY loud hotel guests - so if you are here on business you just won't be able to sleep before 1 without ear plugs. So find a hotel outside the popular center or a very expensive one with sound-proofing
- they refused to issue an invoice which I require for refund by my employer and ignored my emails after provision of the required tax number (RFC). In the end I had to enlist the help of a (Mexican) colleague at work to get this resolved.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business