“Just okay.”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 22, 2015

Stopping for a late lunch, we ordered off the board out front offering daily specials. We chose fish tacos with a draft beer and pasta Alfredo with a glass of sangria. The tacos were okay...not much fish and the batter was greasy. The Alfredo was good and came with lots of sauce and was a good portion. The sangria was also good...made in the restaurant not the type I have had in another local restaurant which was awful tasting and came out of a small capped bottle! The price was very reasonable and a number of daily specials are offered as well as the main menu.

We returned another day and sat outside to watch the world go by and have a recommended margarita. The menu does advertise it as a frappe but I asked for 'on the rocks' instead. Mistake. The taste was good but the portion served in a small glass full of large ice cubes, was stingy. I commented on this to our server and he explained that was the same amount of ice they would use in the frappe so I got it all! I am still searching for a decent margarita in Guanajuato!

We enjoy the restaurant location but don't go there as frequently as we could...

Reviewed September 14, 2014

This little restaurant has a fairly limited menu - more drinks and snacks/light meals. Great outdoor seating area for people watching. I had margaritas twice here that were the best I've ever had. Also sopa Azteca which was delicious. Excellent service.

Reviewed September 6, 2014

2 years ago we came here regularly for a month. In the morning we had coffee and bagels. Later in the day often a meal. Is there new management? No sé. Doesn't open until noon, loud music blasting, and the food isn't as good as it was. What happened? I was a fan? Back for a month and probably not returning to Bagel Cafetín.

1  Thank Cantorpam
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Absolutely beautiful decorations to put a huge smile on your face! Worth it just for the Mexican kitsch vibe, although the food is delicious too.

The owners are wonderfully friendly. It's also a lovely little spot to sit outside when it's sunny, and if it's raining it's great to watch the little alley next to the restaurant turn into a waterfall! A true delight of a place...

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Cafetin is most definitely one of the best "tourist" casual restaurants in GTO. My husband and I eat here 2-3 times a week when wintering in Guanajuato. The wait staff is fun and attentive, and the food is freshly prepared - and delicious! The smoothies are made from fresh fruit and the prices are very reasonable. 5 stars!