See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

My father, my sister and I were here to celebrate sisters bday, staff helped my father to surprise my sister decorating the master suit, which by the way has a great view and cozy decoration.
The pool is amazing, you can have great relaxing time over there. I've been here 3 times, last one was with the boyfriend and as a romantic hotel maybe next time I would pick other, for families is perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2017

I have nothing but praise for my five-day stay at Hotel Real de Minas in Guanajuato in February 2016. My room was on the third floor facing the street. I had a narrow, but adequate balcony for 1-2 people. The view from the balcony was limited; however, I have read other reviews that the upper floors have much better views of the city, which is especially nice at night when the city lights up. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It was also quiet, day and night. Granted, it was off-season, so I cannot comment about the noise during peak seasons. The staff could not of have been nicer and more accommodating - from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the restaurant personal. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The selection of appetizers, entrées, and desserts is ample, and the food is delicious, My only reason for giving 4 stars is that the location is a bit far from the center of town (about 15-20 minutes on foot), but for someone like me who likes to walk, it's fine. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on a floor higher than the third, facing the city, for an optimal view.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Margaret234
01Direccion, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Real de Minas, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Dear customer: We appreciate your visit and we are pleased that you have been satisfied with the quality of service, the attention you received from our staff and have enjoyed the hotel facilities.
Hotel Real de Minas Guanajuato appreciate your visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2016

The first disappointment with this hotel was that it was so far away from Guanjuato's main attractions - the centro historico, shops, restaurants. If you didn't want to pay for a taxi every time you went somewhere, then you had to walk over a kilometre each way along a highway.

My other problem with this hotel was that it's not very well-maintained. One of the couples on the tour I was on had a blocked sink when they arrived. This was promptly fixed, unlike the problem I had with my room, which was that only three of the six lights actually worked. This was a problem because the bulbs were of such low wattage that even the fully-lit rooms were gloomy.

When I asked someone to come and fix the lights, the guy they sent up turned on the (non-functioning) light switch with a flourish, as if to say "See, it works!" It didn't. He replaced one of the three light bulbs. When I asked about the others, his reply was "mañana". Mañana came and went and my other lights were never replaced. This meant that the only place I could have read without eye strain was in the bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
01Direccion, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Real de Minas, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2016

Dear guest: We appreciate the time taken to share everything during your visit, we regret the inconvenience presented during your stay. We are still working on improvements in services for our customers, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

My family and I traveled to Mexico for a couple of weeks visiting different parts of Mexico and have stayed at Hotel Real de Minas numerous times in the past. All I can say is they NEVER disappoint!!!!! The rooms on the 5th floor have the most amazing view of the city and the size of the room is above average. The service is outstanding, staff is polite and cleanliness perfect. Its an upscale feel without the price tag. Affordable, clean and comfortable. About a 15-20 min walk to downtown and everyone is very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Room Tip: 5th floor with a balcony facing the city is beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Customer. It is a pleasure that we have covered your expectation. We thank you in advance for all the comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

I selected this hotel to stay for a couple of nights with my wife and daughter because of recommendations and it's close to everything... I greatly found a really friendly staff form the reception desk and everybody else, all of them looking to make our stay a real great one, and they make it happened ... restaurant has good service, good food, great affordable prices ... pool is good enough for the kids to have fun, there's a bank in the premises in case you need to get some cash from the ATM, room was clean, bed a little bit to hard but good enough to sleep all night after a day around the city and the "Callejoneada" ... I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family