See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Clean rooms and housekeeper is worth one of the hotel stars on her own.

Big rooms and hotel was empty when we were there.

Good if relaxation is what you wish but is slightly out of town for sightseeing.

Pool is great and clean.

Restuarant says 10pm but closed at 8pm.

Decided to stay 2nd night and restuarant prices were very reasonable....we ate at 6.30pm!

Issue with feral dogs outside of hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms dirrectly onto pool give best option if using all the time
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Very aggressive and rude staff at the front desk added to a really bad location makes this hotel a very bad option to visit the city. Noisy and very complicated parking lot. And, important for those like me who love bikes, don't stay here if you are bringing your bike with you and plan to ride around. Bikes are not allowed here.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Very good hotel, with nice, clean and big rooms. Very good sleeping quality. It has an elevator to the rooms even when its only 3 floors high. Not a good location (outside the city) if you are looking for a walk in town.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed July 1, 2015

What an awesome stay, my room was huge , plenty of room to put your shopping and things. My mattress was great, room service was fast and the Pina collada at the restaurant were to die for....Breakfast, lunch and dinner was great ......Don't forget the pool, we were flopping like mackerels......Awesome...........

Room Tip: Second floor, great view of the pool area.......
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2015

The good - this is an awesome hotel...the entrance was gorgeous, the service fantastic, the hotel restaurant served up wonderful meals and our room was a good size and well appointed. Contrary to what other reviewers said my wife and I found the wifi to work very well and be reasonably fast, just realize that you need to renew your access code from the front desk every 24hrs or so when it resets.

The bad - the masonry structure of the hotel led to severe echoes throughout the building. You would hear other guests talking and children stamping down the halls for 5 minutes at a time as they made their way down the long hallways. Luckily this wasnt too bad for us as there were not many other guests staying at the same time as we were. The underground parking was indeed a little tight for an average size car (not our Matiz though!). I commend the hotel for saving on electricity/being eco-friendly but the light timers/motion sensors that run the hall lights are not set properly...sometimes early morning or mid afternoon it would still be extremely dark in the halls due to lack of natural light but the interior lights would not come on until only much later in the evening. There is a small gym on the 5th floor but the equipment is very basic and there are not nearly enough free weights. More than suitable to get a workout in, just have to get a little inventive. Every time I used the Ivanko cable machine I would leave with graphite and grease on my fingers just from changing the amount on the weight stack.

The ugly - the location...the hotel is 100m past a toll on busy highway 110 into Guanajuato so there is a constant flood of traffic heading by. Also there is a bus depot and gas station across the street that adds to the traffic. The hotel is built very well and you can barely hear the noise in the interior courtyard/pool or your room balcony but be warned there is not much, if anything, within walking distance.

Conclusion - I would readily stay at this hotel again, the issues I had were very minor and the service of the staff more than made up for any shortcomings.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple