“Beautiful and charming hotel”
Review of Condesa Haus

Condesa Haus
Ranked #5 of 170 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My boyfriend and I spent four nights in condesa haus and we absolutely loved it. Condesa is a fantastic area, plenty of great bars and restaurants, and CH is a wonderful place to be based.

It's a 1930s house which the owner, Fernando, has lovingly restored, and it is absolutely stunning. We spent our first night in the Playa del Carmen room which was gorgeous - really comfy bed, double headed shower and a balcony overlooking the street. We then moved to the Puebla room (I'd wanted this room but couldn't get it on the first night) which is amazing. The room itself is quite simple (although it does have a king size bed) but the tiled bathroom is quite extraordinary. It's the original bathroom and it is covered in beautiful blue tiles. If you like traditional Mexican art, I highly recommend this room!

Breakfast each morning was served at the dining table and always featured fresh fruit, toast and eggs. It was always fresh and delicious.

We really loved staying at CF. Fernando and his team are fantastic and made us feel very welcome and st home. If you are on a budget and grappling with whether you should spend a little extra on staying here, my advice is to find the money and do it. You will not regret it and it will make for a very memorable stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wonderfull time in Condesa Haus! The rooms are beautifull, the staff are so nice! Breackfast is gorgeous! Condessa Haus is a charming place, is the place to stay in DF! Highlly recomended!! The owner, Fernando is so awesome. He can give you the best hints, where to go, what to do, where to have dinner and the best mexicans experiences! I want to go back to Condessa Haus, and I certainly will! Saudadesss imensas de Condessa Haus!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My boyfriend and I spent two nights at Condesa Haus, and we fell in love with Condesa and the location of this great hotel! Condesa is a wonderful neighborhood- it was lovely to spend our evenings strolling Condesa's streets and popping in and out of the neighborhood's bars and restaurants. Condesa Haus is in a great location and the rooms/apartments are cute, well maintained and stylishly furnished. Our only disappointment was that our in-apartment washing machine was broken- however Fernando was incredibly helpful and accomodating in helping us to send our laundry out to the staff. Overall, we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

What can I say... What an AMAZING place! I was very lucky to find Condesa Haus. Our hosts were lovely, helpful, kind and very friendly. The accommodation was perfect. And the location completely amazing (there's even a great yoga studio right next door). It's the groovy part of Mexico City, full of cool bars and eateries and Condessa House is within a short walk of all of them. I really enjoyed my stay there and hope to do it again soon!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I was traveling with a group of six around the holidays, and unfortunately making plans less than a month before we were able to arrive. Thankfully, I picked up the phone and called Fernando!

Though all of the rooms at Condesa Haus were booked, Fernando was able to rent us a nearby apartment, just a couple blocks away, which was perfect for our group. It was a lovely apartment (3 bedrooms each with its own balcony and bathroom), located in a great spot and above a delicious Argentinian restaurant. It had everything we needed and at a very fair price. Plus, Fernando was very helpful in suggesting things to do in the neighborhood and beyond.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stay at Condesa Haus for one week at the Tepito room. What a remarkable place. The care that Fernando put for our needs was amazing.
He helped us with dinner reservations, tour bookings and my wife´s special shopping needs. Very comfortable king size bed and great shower.
We will definitely stay there again for our next trip to Mexico City...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time in Condesa Haus. From the first minute we arrived we were greeted so warmly. Rocio and Fernando helped us a lot with tips of what to do in the city. When we were having difficulty booking our flights online for other destinations in Mexico they both helped us for a full two hours, making phone calls for us, emailing back and forth etc. They are both very genuine and kind people who want to make your Mexico city adventure as memorable as possible. Fernando even took us out with his friends one night. We went to an art exhibition followed by drinks at a few cool bars. That was a great way to experience the nightlife of Condesa. They also helped us organize trips to the pyramids and the church of guadalupe. The thing that blew me away was when Fernando himself brought us to the airport after we had been traveling all over Mexico and stopping over for a day in Mexico City. Suffice it to say the service was excellent. The rooms are very comfortable. They are individually decorated and have unique art pieces on display. I loved the room with the huge bathroom and mosaic tiles all over. The breakfast is always prepared fresh in the morning and is usually a mexican speciality. Condesa Haus is definitely the perfect place to stay if you're looking for an amazing and memorable time in Mexico City's coolest and trendiest area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple