All reviews condesa neighborhood puebla room every morning home away from home place to stay washer dryer other guests b and b boutique hotel parque mexico great bed great neighborhood walking distance felt very safe chapultepec park fernando porfirio
Reviewed December 29, 2017

I spent 2 very comfortable nights staying in the Monterrey room which is at the back of the house away from the road and very quiet. This is a lovely old house with great character and some beautiful touches like the art deco hall light and the overlooking room balconies. Be aware that this is a former home so the rooms are not soundproof (just as in any home). My friend stayed in a room overlooking the road which was more simply furnished than my room and not as cosy.
The location is great with shops and cafes within easy walking distance. The surrounding streets are green and leafy and it felt very safe to walk around.
The staff are what really make this place special. The owner Fernando responded promptly to my emails and his reception staff Mariana and Carlos are incredibly helpful and friendly. They both speak excellent English and will go out of their way to help you, including setting up an early morning coffee in the kitchen for me to make to before the cooked breakfast is served. Special mention must go to Mariana for her help and taking me on a private tour of Teotihuacan. Mariana's English is perfect and it was wonderful to have such an interesting and informative young driver/guide sharing her knowledge and insights into life in Mexico on the hour's drive Teotihuacan. Whilst the cost is slightly more than an organised bus tour ($1800 pesos), you have the advantage of your own driver and flexibility to see what you want. Mariana took me to a fascinating local crafts place (El Quetzal) and I had fun tasting local drinks made from the aloe plant and observing local weaving and dyeing. There is also a great shop there with good quality and reasonably priced locally made handicrafts and souvenirs.
Condesa Haus is a warm and friendly place and I would definitely stay here again - highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank campbells05
CondesaHaus, Director General at Condesa Haus, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you for staying with us ! It was a pleasure hosting you. I will make sure Marian reads your comments also! She will be very happy to read this.. thanks you again. Come back soon !

Reviewed December 16, 2017

Gorgeous house in a great neighbourhood, and extremely helpful and friendly staff. They made me feel safe and "at home" as a solo traveller. The Puebla room is totally gorgeous and away from the main road, so a bit quieter. Would definitely stay again and have recommended it to many friends already.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

HOLA, thanks you for staying with us ! IT was nice to have you as a guest ! COME BACK soon !!!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

A group of 16 of us stayed at La Condesa Haus for Dia de Los Muertos/our friends 30th birthday. Fernando made us feel so welcomed and accommodating. I am amazed they were able to accommodate all 16 of us, feed us, and entertain us!! Every little suite was uniquely decorated and all very clean. Always had a hot shower and clean towels ready. It was so fun to have our own kitchen, livingroom/dining room, and bed room. La Condesa neighborhood is just the best and this hotel in right in the middle of it. The metro was a short walk from here and endless coffee shops, bars, and restaurants to chose from. Wish I could live there!! I will definitely stay at La Condesa Haus at my next visit. Miss all of you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
CondesaHaus, General Manager at Condesa Haus, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Nasim, thank you for stying with us , it was very nice to host all of your friends! You all are great people! I hope you can come back in the near future!!!

The entire staff was very happy with all of you.

Regards
Fernando

Reviewed November 24, 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at Condesa Haus at the beginning of our trip to Mexico and again at the end. We had arranged airport pick-up and were met at the airport by cheerful and helpful Marianne who also drove us to our destination the next day. We also had a chance to speak with the owner, Fernando about the history of the house, the neighborhood and Mex City in general; both are stellar individuals who gave us a warm welcome and fine introduction to Mexican hospitality. The BnB is in a beautiful 1920's residence that has been restored. At the beginning of our trip we stayed in the Monterrey room which was very quiet. Breakfast was cooked to order and delicious. On our way back through Mexico City we stayed one night in Suite 3 (see photos) which is a cool contemporary small apartment. This space faces the street, which was under construction when we were there. This would have been bothersome if we were hanging out in the room during the day, however, the construction is due to be finished soon and we were out during the day anyway so it didn't bother us. The neighborhood, La Condessa is beautiful and safe to walk around day and night. The location of Condesa Haus is superb; it's a 10 min walk on leafy streets to Parque Mexico with it's stunning vegetation ringed by art deco buildings, and about a 20-30 min walk to Parque de Chapultepec with it's opulent Castillo de Miravalle, the only royal castle in mainland North America. There are many great restaurants in the area as well and Marianne suggested dinner at Kaye, which is right around the corner and provided a fantastic end-of-trip dining experience for us. Overall, we are very pleased with our stay at Condesa Haus and highly recommend this lovely BnB for your stay in vibrant Mexico City!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Adventurista_12

HOLA thanks you for staying with us !, it was nice to have you and your boy friends as guest !! Finally the street construction is over !!! COME BACK SOON !!! thanks

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I loved Condesa Haus. A party of 16 of us celebrated our friend's birthday party in Mexico City. We loved our rooms- all stylish, clean, and relaxing. Bless their breakfasts- they were delicious, filling, and much appreciated- it helped to coordinate everyone in the morning. The place is centrally located in the Condesa neighborhood and about 15 minutes from metro stations. In fact, everything you want is within a 15 minute walk from Condesa Haus including bars, clubs, grocery stores, parks, and cafes.

While we loved the artfulness, comfortability, and superb location, what really made our stay excellent was Mariana and Fernando's warm hospitality. They gave us tips on where to eat and what to visit but they made us feel at home by helping us celebrate both Dia de los Muertos and my friend's birthday. I will be returning to Condesa Haus and I hope you spend your trip there as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can let in noise. If you are a light sleeper, opt for rooms more interior to the building.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
CondesaHaus, General Manager at Condesa Haus, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Thank you for staying with us ! It was very nice to host you and your friends you all are lovely people ! We hope we can host you again in the near future so we can have more birthday cakes !!!!

Saludos