“Great for sushi and tempura”
Review of Yoshimi

Yoshimi
Reserve with OpenTable
Yoshimi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 5,830 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Description: Hyatt Regency Mexico City is proud to present an elegant and sophisticated dining experience where guests can enjoy the ancient food and culture of Japan without leaving Mexico.
Reviewed April 11, 2017

I was staying at the hotel, so I went there once kind of by default, but I loved it so went back once more. I really like sushi and tempura, and I realize these are very different foods, so in the first time I had just sushi (I recommend sitting in the sushi bar) and the second time I had tempura. I confess that each night I had different appetizers, which were great too. High level of quality, great presentation, attention to detail (even in the ambiance). Highly recommend it, even to people who are not staying in the hotel.

MEXHR-M, Manager at Yoshimi, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Dear Gustavo.
We are grateful for your comments and are happy to try different preparations and methods of food, our Chef Victor Jimarez is responsible for having high quality products for all customers. We hope you visit us again and try our traditional dishes like the Shabu Shabu.
We hope your stay at Hyatt Regency Mexico City has been pleasant.

Best regards,

Raúl Cangas
Yoshimi Restaurant Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place ! I happen to live near by and visit the restaurant frequently. I can honestly say that the quality of the food is top notch. Especially if you like sashimi and niguiris this is the spot to go. The raw fish is consistently of the highest quality I especially like the salmon and hamachi the have.
The service is usually very good although when the get very busy service tends to break down.
Price wise , it is expensive but I find the quality of the food holds a standard that makes the price aceptable.
I love this place and will continue to be a loyal customer !

Date of visit: February 2017
MEXHR-M, Manager at Yoshimi, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Dear Alonso,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Yoshimi. We promise to transport each of our dinners to Japan without leaving the city, so it is amazing to know that we accomplished this during your visit.

It is through comments such as yours that we feel more motivated to do what we love: cooking and delivering great experiences for our valued guests! Once again, thank you very much for your great words and for your five-star evaluation. We look forward to see you soon.

José Meléndez
Restaurant Manager
Yoshimi

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

One of the best restaurants I'd visited during this trip. The service was very good. The overall experience was great.

Date of visit: February 2017
MEXHR-M, General Manager at Yoshimi, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear Eduardo,

Thank you very much for you amazing recommendation. It is very rewarding for us to know that you had such a memorable experience. Here at Yoshimi, our purpose is to care for our guests, so I am glad that we accomplished this during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you again and having the pleasure to serve and care for you at Yoshimi.

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

Great service at the bar on our late arrival . Fabulous service by all staff. Particularly Genaro and Noel.

Date of visit: January 2017

Dear Christine,

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to Yoshimi. It is through comments such as yours that our team is motivated to continue delivering incredible service to our guests.

I have already shared your valuable feedback with Genaro and Noel. I am very proud of his hard work and attentive service.

Thank you very much for your comments and for rating us with five stars. Please visit us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

A very good service and positive athosphere.
Have been here several of times and always enjoy the good food and service.

Sincerely yours
Jørgen Skyth Henriksen

Date of visit: January 2017

Dear Jørgen,

We are very appreciative of your positive comments about Yoshimi, and we are glad to know that every part of your experience was unique.

Our aim is to be the best traditional Japanese restaurant in the city, and is it through comments such as yours that we know we are headed in the right direction.

On behalf of the entire team at Yoshimi, thank you. We look forward to serving you again.