1,734 results
All reviews manhattan deli starbucks attached american embassy mariachi band the club lounge angel de la independencia independence monument corner suite room service business trip lobby bar bit dated butler service reforma avenue business hotel excellent location hotel is located
Reviewed February 10, 2018

I wish I could say that my stay was great but it was average at best without any notable concepts. First we arrived early, I understand that check in is at a certain time, but although they had a room available they would not let me check in without paying for an early check in. They would rather make sure they make money then my comfort. What harm is there for checking in early. How does it effect the operation of the hotel? It doesn't and on top of that the only complimentary wireless internet was in the lobby. I then decided to go stay at the Marriott Reforma a block away. Not only did they check me in early with no issues but they also have complimentary wireless access. All this without any attitude like I was given at the Sheraton. Another interesting thing that happened at the Sheraton was my counterpart was approached by Security in the lobby and asked questions about who he was waiting for. He showed them his room key and told them to back off because he was staying in the hotel. Makes me wonder if you are Mexican if they don't think you can stay here unless you are in a suit.

Room tip: I was informed that some rooms are newly renovated. Thats how they sold it to us anyway.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MariaCanoSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Dear GoGotravelGo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.
I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your check-in time and I regret your experience with us were so short. I would like to assure you that your well-being is the most important for us rather than other situations, people is first for us always and I apologize we didn´t show it at that moment, we will reinforce our procedures and avoid this happen again.
I would like to ask you to give us more information about the security issue, we would like to investigate further, if you want to help us you can write to Reservations.MariaIsabel@sheraton.com.

Best Regards,

María Cano,

Reviewed February 5, 2018

First time to Mexico City and stayed at this hotel. The room and bath room are a little bit old but bed is very comfortable. Good view of the city. Location is biggest plus of this hotel as it is right next to famous landmark The Angels.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MariaCanoSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Eko S,

We are glad to read your review and know our location close to the Angel of Independence was convenient for you.
Your comments about the bathroom will be taken into consideration to improve our service.

Thank you for choose Sheraton México City Maria Isabel Hotel, we would love to have you back.

Best,

Reviewed February 4, 2018

The moniker of the real estate world holds true for this hotel as well. Located in the Zona Rosa on the Paseo de Reforma and very close to the El Angel monument, there are a lot of wonderful restaurants and boutique shops located nearby. The Reforma is a main artery and probably one of the prettiest boulevards in the city.
The hotel itself was OK but nothing special. Rooms were standard fare for a Sheraton while the staff were friendly and helpful. Great location for touring the city as the Chapultepec park is at one end of the Reforma and the centro historico is not far in the other direction. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaybeeFL
MariaCanoSheraton, Gerente at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear jaybeeFL,

Thank you for sharing your experiencie during your stay with us.
We will share your comments with our associates referring their performance, they will be happy!
We would like you to visit us again so we can change and exceed your expectations towards our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2018

It is really hard to review this hotel. First off, one of the best locations you can have in Mexico City, cannot get better than this location. Having said that, I faced a couple of very bad experiences in this hotel.

1. Price is good for the location, but too expensive for the room size and cleanness
2. Breakfast is good, but that will likely come with higher than average price either separate or added on top of the room rate.
3. Although I am a Gold member, I got charged for WiFi, had to complain to reverse the charges, but then, they had to take back some points out of the account in return!
4. The room had a broken washroom faucet, roaches in the tub, and bad moldy smell. I asked them to change the room but was told that "we are fully booked and there are no rooms available", had to back my stuff and go to the reception to check-out just 10min after checking in. Then and just then they were able to find a room. But, when moved to the new room, the bathroom light was not working! They changed it after I complained again.

Just a quick note, the hotel has two buildings, the old building, and a newly renovated building. If you plan to stay in this hotel, just make sure you stay in the new building to avoid all this hassle. The new building elevators are between the main entrance and the reception desk. But the old building elevators are the ones near the side door, way pass the reception desk.

So, in summary, the hotel itself is not that great, especially for the Sheraton name. But the location is really great. So, you decide.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MariaCanoSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Dear Mo A,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us.
First of all please receive an apology for the inconveniences you went thorugh during your stay, I also apologize for the response we had towards your petition, I would like to assure you this situation wont happen again and that we will reinforce the information with all our associates to always offer you and our guests the best posible.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I stayed at the Sheraton Maria Isabel about two weeks after the terrible earthquake. I considered cancelling my trip because I didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad that I didn't. I had an excellent time during my stay at the hotel. Considering how violent the quake was, the Sheraton appeared relatively safe. It seemed like there was some damage in the front of the building and some damage on the floors near the elevator banks, but repairs were underway. Keep in mind, I'm from Los Angeles, so quake damage might not startle me as much as other people.

Having said that, I stayed in the newer tower. The room was clean and nicely appointed. I was given an awesome view of Reforma and the Angel. It was a perfect view. The room was pretty big, and the bed was comfortable.

The biggest plus of the hotel is the location. It is centrally located in Mexico City and adjacent one of the most famous landmarks in the country. It is also super close to the Zona Rosa. For me, the numerous gay bars and awesome restaurants nearby made this place amazing. I never had to get an Uber or a taxi since it was so close to the hotel. The hotel is also close to the subway system and convenient to Chapultepec Park.

Honestly, the older rooms at the hotel may not be as nice as the one I stayed in, but this hotel makes it easy to navigate the city. The area is very safe, and, for Americans, the hotel is also next to the U.S. embassy in case any issues arise. I plan on visiting again this year, and I will stay here again!

Room tip: Stay in the newer tower and get a view of the Angel
Date of stay: October 2017