See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very attentive service from the first day to the last. The reception were very helpful and offered advice from sights to see, best modes of travel and bars/ restaurants in town. The restaurant produced some stunning food and the waiters were some of the best I have been served by, they all spoke at least some English and enjoyed helping us learn new Spanish phrases.

The Hotel is on the expensive side but you pay for the service and I would recommend here every time.

Looking forward to another visit

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Stjohn and Clar... N
Reviewed November 30, 2012

For the price of nearly 1,600 pesos per night (about $ 130 US) for a windowless room in the first floor - this hotel is a farce.

Do you like a concierge that snaps back and treats you like you are lucky to be there in the first place?

Do you like watching the maid halfheartedly tie two twin beds together with a chord to make a king?

Do you perhaps enjoy the smell of dank mustiness?

Do you like darkness? Because this room had no windows.
Do you like waking up at night to your a/c machine raining sparks on the floor?

And most of all, do you love seeing your significant other on the toilet? Because that's the view from the bed. Yes, you don't even have to crane your neck.

We learned our lesson and paid our dues by way of 3 horrible nights. True boutique quality comes on a case by case basis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Me gusta el hotel mucho! This hotel is right between the historic district and Chapultepec Park which makes for an easy walk to both. The rooms are modern and the ambiance is quiet and off the bustling street. There is a bar on the roof with a beautiful view and a quiet inner courtyard for breakfast and/or dinner. Both breakfast and dinner at the restaurant 1620 were delicious. Other reviewers have said it was "noisy" but I didn't find it so, and if the music in the bar is loud, wear earplugs!
The doorman and front desk were very helpful; the shower was strong, and if you take the metro, it is just out your door. Parque Alameda was closed while I was there for reconstruction but is supposed to be open in December 2012. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I would have liked to stay here. The evening befor my arrival I called to dbl check on the room and was told they had no record of my reservation. My travel agent advised they were unaware of what a confirmation number was. Later I was called and told I needed to cancel my original reservation in order for them to create a new one. As well they could only provide a room for 1/2 of my requested time. In light of all the shinanigans I decided to stay elsewhere. Definitely verify that they have a room for you.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great small hotel centrally located. The staff is pleasant and rooms nicely outfitted. My only negative comment is the bottled water provided is extremely expensive bottle which is added to the price of the room.

Room Tip: No pool or spa. Second floor rooms appeared to be larger but basic room is fine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple