“Very good!”

Ranked #61 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Bergen, Norway
“Very good!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

All in all the hotel has a lovely staff, that will help you in what you wonder. The rooms are nice and clean, not the biggest room, but still very nice! We felt that the hotel was located both central and in a safe neighborhood!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank NatalieS190502
HPF1, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel PF, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for your sincere words. For us your comments are very important. We are really happy to know that you didn´t have any problem in the hotel . The neighborhood is safe to walk or to visit diferents nightclubes or Restaurants.
We are proud to know that the staff could help to you in all that you need.
Thank you again and do not hesitate to contac us again in your next visit to Mexico City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
California
Reviewed 30 December 2011

A good value hotel that is comfortable, provides good breakfast, is located in a convenient district (Zona Rosa) in Mexico City that's close to National Anthropology Museum, shops and restaurants that are still open late at night and friendly to tourists and locals that are safe to walk around at night. The room is clean and tidy, and the service is responsive. Overall a good value!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelerLP
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 December 2011

If you are thinking of staying at PF Suites, that's another hotel around the corner. Plaza Florencia is a mid-rise city hotel in the heart of Zona Rosa. there is one restaurant on-site, but there are many, many outside with a McDonalds across the street, Sanborn's and Los Bisquets Obregon nearby as well as OXXO and 7-11. My room was a basic 2 comfortable double beds, 1 full bathroom and a safe, along the lines of a Hampton Inn; clean and functional. However, the "free" internet lasted about 45 minutes for a 4 day stay; 1 bar and constant disconnects.
Hotel employees tried their best to speak English. Unlike Mexican beach resorts, American money is not accepted and of course, English is not readily spoken. MetroBus is a block or two away as well as the subway.
There is NO full service supermarket anywhere nearby. Airport is about 35 minutes by taxi on a good day. Although Mexico City is pretty and historical, the air pollution is horrendous, the worst I've ever experienced. Worse than any American city on a hot humid day in August!!! Be aware.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, even upper floors get outside noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Richard S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Staff were very friendly. Rooms immaculate with comfy beds and very clean. Location is excellent minutes away from shops and the angel.id definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank nhtnht
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed two nights while on a weekend trip to Mexico City. 1st night was great, we appeared to be the only people on the floor, and the room was very quiet. 2nd night, the people at the end of the hall (who were apparently in a group) were having a very loud party in the room, and despite hotel security being called, the noise continued. The front desk moved us without argument to another floor to avoid the noise - annoying at midnight, but at least they did it happily. This was the only negative issue, which really is more a reflection on the other guests than on the hotel. The rooms were fine, clean and comfortable, included breakfast was very good, and staff were friendly. Hotel location is great, near the metro station, and easy access to everywhere. Overall good value for money compared with other hotels in Mexico City.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
HPF1, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel PF, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We are grateful to know your comments about your stayed with us. We are sorry with the noise in the floor. But we are very happy to know that your stayed was generally wonderful and that our staff could give you an excellente service to change your room. We always will be at your service whenever you come!
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel is situated within 10 mins walk to the Angel of Independence and also very close to Zona Rosa, the gay and red light district in Mexico City. You have to catch a taxi to the main business and shopping centre (downtown)  as walking will take you at least 45 minutes. Taxis are very cheap in Mexico so we think it is better to stay away from downtown. If you walk within a 2 km radius of the hotel there are lots to see. There are also lots of Korean restaurants in the area.
The staff are very friendly and the room is clean. There is also a safe in the hotel.
Whilst they have free wifi, the network is extremely bad and keeps dropping out. This is a huge minus.

Tip: The name of the hotel is HP Fiorencia. It can be misleading when you first arrive there and cannot find the hotel

• Stayed September 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here while on business. I was given a room without a safe, so I hid my cash deep in a suitcase. I've done this many times at hostels in South America, because I don't like to carry large sums of money on my person (I've seen some purse snatchings and pick-pockets). I returned that afternoon, decided to change and couldn't find a tank top that I had packed. So I then panicked, thinking that someone must have searched through my things. The money was all gone, as well as the tank top (weird) and my birth control pills (weirder). I figured she thought they were better drugs. Thankfully, the manager was apologetic and reimbursed me for nearly all of what was missing. He said that he fired the maid, as well. I really liked the front desk staff. They really made things a lot better.

I guess I am too trusting. I don't think this is something that would generally happen in the U.S., but Mexico City is a whole new ballgame. Otherwise, it was an alright place. Zona Rosa is definitely a gayborhood, which didn't bother me, but I'm not gay, so it wasn't really my scene either. It also started to seem like it got kind of sketchy after 11pm, but I think that's all of Mexico City. There were some loud people across the hall from me, but I was kind of sick of complaining. The bed was also a bit firm. The sheets were kind of rough. I guess that's why the room rate was so low.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business