This was my third stay at the Camino Real, the first time being round 8-10 years ago. I remember my first visit as being blown away by the cool architecture, the amazing fountain in the entranceway, the bar made out of solid ice in the lobby where they served great martinis. Boy has that all gone now. I arrived at midnight after a 22 hour flight from Singapore and was made to queue for at least 30-40 minutes ot check in. A huge group of conference delegates was checking in ahead of me and only two people were serving at the counter - surely they knew in advance these people were coming. By the way check out was not much faster even though I checked out around 10:30am. I hate to think what it must be like at peak times!
The rooms are certainly tired. Like another reviewer, my safe did not work, and the shower seemed to alternate between hot and cold water. Breakfast was a crazy rush of people with a relatively poor choice given the price. WiFi costs 10USD per day in your room and bottled water 4USD.
I only ordered room service and to be honest the food as not too bad but there were isues. I ordered Italian salad and got Caprese. My minestrone was luke warm and the pizza a little soggy.
My experience of the staff was not as bad as some reviewers. The guy ordering me a taxi was the same one I recall from 3-4 years ago and he was always friendly and helpful. Front desk staff, when oyu finally got to them, were reasonably helpful too.
Based on this whole experience though this will be my last visit to Camino Real unless they can really up their game and renovate the whole place to its former standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Polanco is unique architectural concept, created by highly-regarded architect Ricardo Legorreta. This space is considered a Hotel-Museum for its beauty and art collection. It opened its doors to the public on July 25, 1968, combining modern features with shapes clearly reminiscent of Prehispanic pyramids, the elements of which merge together to create a wonderful architectural work. Camino Real Polanco has hosted two soccer World Cups and the Olympic Games, as well as over 210 official visits from presidents and kings from all over the world. Category 5 Stars / 4 Diamonds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Camino Real Polanco Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Camino Real
- Camino Real Polanco Mexico Mexico City