1,381 results
All reviews ricardo legorreta blue lounge chapultepec park club level polanco area big hotel room service bit dated rooms are huge restaurants and bars anthropology museum horta tamayo conference president gym concierge
Reviewed January 17, 2018

We stayed at the Camino Real for the first time last December. For years I had been going to this hotel for events and the restaurants. After some 5 years of not going there, I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept it is. I believe that they did a refurbishment recently. They did a fantastic job in keeping the décor along the same lines as the original project. Furniture and furnishings are top quality and look great.
Rooms are also refurbished. Ours had an internal garden view and was devoid of noise. Very clean, good beds and very nice toiletries.
Lastly, many food choices, including an outstanding breakfast buffet.
This not being a high-rise building, is a much recommended option for those afraid of earthquakes. You are within a few meters of Chapultepec park which provides many jogging and strolling possibilities, as well as 3 of the major museums.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but try to get one overlooking the interior gradens
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eduardo V
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to share your feed-back regarding the experience you had in our hotel Camino Real Polanco Mexico City. I value immensely your comments as the only way to improve our services and to align with the guests needs. Our main goal is to provide you with an excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room while staying with us. I really appreciate the comments that I have shared with our staff. They are the principal of our values, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous effort to satisfy all our customers

Reviewed January 7, 2018

In town for business, I stayed here for two nights. Location is excellent, right across from a major park that houses numerous museums, and is a great place for a walk. I ate here twice, good service both times. Not sure I'll ever find myself in Mexico City again, but if I did, no qualms about staying here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the Camino Real Polanco hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback. My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back and of being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2017

There was a convention going on during my 3 night stay, so suits were all over the place. The architecture is nice, pool is clean, rooms are comfy, and access to Parque Chapultapec and the archaeological museum is easy.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor if you can.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The hotel is in the very upscale and generally safe Polanco area of Mexico City, and is a solid alternative to the higher-priced US chains that are all represented there. My sense is the Camino Real is more aimed at a Mexican clientele than a US one but that's great with me! At about $100 Canadian, the place is unbeatable. Pool, gym (under construction while I was there) a good selection of in-house restaurants and bars, and lots of great eateries in Polanco and within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Booking ahead, online, might get you a better rate. It did for me.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Trip advisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel, by choosing it for your stay in México City.
Hoping to welcome you for your next stay in Mexico city, we will be very glad to have you as a guest once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in Polanco. We could walk to most places we wanted to visit or got on uber.

I read somewhere they are renovating which is great. Same areas look very old but the restaurants are great but the rooms are ok. Bed and Pillows are not very comfortable and the bathrooms need some updating.
They must change their bath towels, they are rough. Not soft at all.

Service is good and the food at Chinese and Bistro were very good.

For the price is a good hotel. We would be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Ignacio P, Director General at Camino Real Polanco Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018