Stayed here on the start of my Mexico trip and enjoyed the location and the friendly staff. The hotel itself is situated on a very busy street and a few of the nights the traffic noise (and the honking horns) woke me up . The hotel is a converted house with beautiful gardens and nice Mexican decorations (two thumbs up for their Day of the Dead decorations!) . However the rooms are shabby and furnishings are old. If you want clean, basic rooms in a good location with friendly staff this is for you. However stay away from the ground floor unless you get yourself ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City