We stayed 4 nights and had an excellent experience. They take care with every aspect of their business - the hotel is spotless throughout, the gardens are wonderful, the Front Desk staff are pleasant, professional and efficient. Although the rooms are smallish, they have very good quality furniture, the beds are nicely firm and the bath towels very soft.
We really appreciated the ease with which we could stroll round the Zona Rosa and had a great choice of eating places.
They are not expensive and because I paid by cash I was given a good discount on the quoted price of $955 per night.
Apparently this hotel has been operating since the 1930's and it's easy to see why they continue to do so well. I make frequent visits to Mexico City and will make Hotel Casa González my go-to place from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City