“Cake!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Coyoacán
Reviewed May 24, 2017

This is really all about the cakes and tea. While they do serve brunch-like meals, these are, in my opinion, overpriced and unexciting. But if you are into exotic and subtle tasting pastries, from fluffy things that should really taste like soap but don't to very rich desserts, this is one of the better places you'll find: lavender cake, cardamom and rose petals cake, chocolate and plums cake, green tea cake. Etc. If you are into tea, the selection is ample, with varieties from around the world: green, white, black.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I spend such a great time with friends!! The chocolate mezcal cafe was awesome and also the maracuya. The only thing is that you have to wait a lot to use the bathroom!

Reviewed March 18, 2017

If I think about good teas plus good cakes, I would just go here. The bakery has a big imagination for mixing international taste. You can find the Polish Babka, matcha version. A delicious chestnut tartalette with meringue and chantilly cream, rose petals cakes, vegan cakes, seasonal stuff...anything. Also good for breakfast and lunch, just try to come early or with time since it is a very small place and you might have to wait for a table, which is worth it!

Reviewed January 8, 2017

My family and I we're blown away by our brunch today at Ruta. It was very busy yet we waited about 10 minutes and got a super table. I had a Korean Omelette that was suburb ! Our Organic Latte's were nearly Perfecto and the Roscas , Stuffed w/ Lavender Custerd Cream (a Rosca is for 3 Kings Day) Blew us away ! It took 100's years to figure this out and WOW ! They could stuff your Rosca with Chocolate, Lavender, Vanilla Custards. Service was very friendly and prompt. A BIG 5 STARS !

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

I went there for brunch and ordered a tempeh baguette, chocolate muffin and a cup of coffee. The food was really good as well as the service and the location is really nice.