I have been to Mexico city a dozen times and always stayed in other areas (Polanco/Zona Rosa), but after hearing from friends that the Centro Historico was now really cleaned up, I decided to try this hotel. The hotel is located across from the Zocalo, and off a main road, so you need to be prepared to experience the hustle and bustle of the area during the day and the constant ringing of the Cathedral bells. For us, this was part of the experience and we actually enjoyed sitting at our window (we had a corner suite facing the Zocalo) and were greatly entertained by all the activity on the Zocalo. At night the views were wonderful with all of the buildings lit up. We stayed four nights, however our first night was in a standard room, which was totally fine but a bit cramped. The restaurant has a great view but the food is nothing to write home about and the service not much better, however, it may be worth a visit if you can overlook mediocre food and be content with the view. Be prepared to find yourself among many tours staying at the hotel. The free wi-fi was great and fast. One drawback- the front desk staff need to better trained in customer service and some of them spoke very limited english. Overall, a good hotel, if you can afford to stay at one of their suites, a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City