“Don't go there! Just don't!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Suites

Las Suites
Ranked #39 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
“Don't go there! Just don't!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is not a hotel. Its big nice NOISY rooms but that's it.
I arrive late at night, starving but nothing to eat . No room service of any kind at late night.
I got the room it was nice, I went to sleep and suddenly at 06:00 wake up with triable noise. Apparatus they give me room just on very busy street. No any isolation. I asked for another room and the receptionist say they are fully booked , so I told her I want to chk out then she find me a room.

The rooms no have slippers, toothbrush or even tea bag. Not to mention other useful things.

Breakfast is poor. I went to eat around 8:30 and the guy before me got a kroason, I asked if have more but they say no. Same thing the day after.

Most of staff don't speak English. Only the reception.

Wi fi not working when I arrive, need to wait an hour to restart their modem.

I booked massage, I got a huge lady that also can't speak English. Very bad massage. Don't do it.

Last thing when I chk out they charge me 100 Usd more and only after I showed them my booking reservation they "gave me discount". Very rude.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Idofei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was by far the worst hotel experience I ever had in Mexico City. I come here at least 5 times a year for business and I normally stay in the W or Nikko. Thought lets try something else; this ended up being a very bad decision. Hotel is in Polanco but away from main attractions. Hotel is new however the customer service is extremely poor. I was down graded when I arrived however hotel refused to offer a refund. Told me had to go to Orbitz where this was booked; called Orbitz but they told me the hotel is not willing to give a refund. On the arrival day the hotel had no wifi; front desk told me that the person in charge of that was not available....

Another very important thing to know for future bookers; do not book the more expensive 2 floor suites. Those rooms are located directly facing the extremely busy street Periferico; you will not sleep. There are many better options available in Polanco; do yourself a favor and do not stay here. Hotel is clean and new but customer service is very very poor.

Room Tip: Do not book 2 story suites; its facing the extremely busy highway Periferico. You will not sleep.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LAtraveller2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was able to bring escorts ;) to my room without any trouble or having to pay guest fees. Truly awesome!!!

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank Frankthetank247
Bondi, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Being a new hotel the fit out was modern and appealing.

Location wise, it is a little out of the way to the main retail and restaurant area of Polanco. I made a mental note to ensure convenient location in future with a little more homework.

I am not demanding or expect much service and I appreciate there is a language barrier; while some staff speaks far more English than my pitiful Spanish, a smile would have crossed all the barriers.

The front desk staff did not make me feel welcome and gave me the impression there is lack of care in their attitude.

The first night I had a room facing the main roads and considering the way the Mexicans drive with one hand on the horn it was very noisy.

I had a room change to a different tower for the other 3 nights. It was an improvement but I could still hear muted traffic noise.

I love travelling and travel 3 months a year all over the world. Sadly this has been one of the most unpleasant experiences.

I make an effort not to complain in life. This review is to save other non Spanish-speaking travellers from unfriendly experience. There are better options.

Room Tip: The W, Intercont and JW Marriott are all next to each other and close to the centre of Polanco. Go...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo