See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 25, 2016

This hotel has a really good location, there is a mall right accross the street, Several transportation points near, rooms are a little bit small, but is good enough for a couple of nights. Breakfast is good, good service. No complains about staff. good price for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2016

Coming from the airport in a rental car couldn't be easier.
Safe parking.
Clean and good rooms. Modern furniture.
Very good breakfast.
Big shopping mall in front (where I finally saw a 4Dx subtitled movie)
Next to the Buenavista metro entrance is 25 cents/ 5 pesos away from the whole city!
On the downside not having a window can get a bit claustrophobic but then you get used to it.
Careful at paying time because they tried to overcharge me 50$/1000 pesos ... but accepted the price on voucher I had printed out from booking.com

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Alan T, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Ciudad de Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

Dear Joao L,

It’s a delight to hear you enjoyed your stay; thank you for sharing your valuable comments with the tripadvisor community. It’s such a pleasure to have been given the opportunity to serve as you deserve at Hoteles City.We’re also glad to know the central location of the hotel, close to the big shopping mall, and Buenavista metro, was convenient for you. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is modern looking and very clean. Perfect location if you are visiting Mexico City. Acrosss from a big mall and lots of ways of transportation near by. We stay one night and I was glad it was only one. No hot water at all and AC was more like a fan. Room was modern but small.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Alan T, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Ciudad de Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Dear busymayra,

Firstly thank you for your custom and valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you were put through, corrective measures have been put in place to avoid reoccurrence.
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on the areas that need to be addressed. We’re also glad to know the central location of the hotel, close to shopping, restaurants and transportation, was convenient for you.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 11, 2016

Had to stay here one night because the other hotel was full and hated it. The room was claustrophobic, smelly, hot and a noisy and dripping air conditioning. The bed was hard and I mean hard not firm. The breakfast is what you can expect from a hotel like this, so not ok. Normally express means fast, so in this case the name was correct, get out of there as fast as possible.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Alan T, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Ciudad de Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Dear Jeroen V,

Firstly thank you for your custom and valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you were put through, reagarding the smelly room and the air conditioning, corrective measures have been put in place to avoid recurrence and give our guests the best of us.

Looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2015

I'm sorry, but in 2015 a "business hotel" that does not have modern Internet speeds is a joke.

I loved my room, until this morning when I had to switch onto my phone hotspot because the Internet connection is too slow to use.

Very frustrating to me. I've said this before: today, Internet connectivity is about as important as light and water (esp if you're a business traveler). I can't stay in a hotel with inadequate wi-fi.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
marlen c, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Ciudad de Mexico Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Tom E,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on the areas that need to be addressed ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect from us.

Kind regards,