“El mejor pan de Polanco / Best bread in Polanco”

Panaderia Artesanal Da Silva
Ranked #9 of 40 Bakeries in Mexico City
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Description: First bakery shop of chef Eduardo Da Silva, first promoter of the artisan bakery in mexico City since 2000, offering european pastries. Da Silva is famous of using the best quality ingredients in all it's products.
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

No tengo duda que el pan de este sitio es el mejor, al menos de la zona de Polanco. Recomiendo ampliamente el pan de trigo (foto), el de cereales y el llamado "payes" (foto), típicamente portugués. Los croissants son únicos.
///
There's no question in my mind that Da Silva has the best bread in Polanco. I highly recomend the wheat one (picture), cereals and "payés", % portuguese style. Their croissants are unique as well.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Their almond croissant is good, other things we bought not good.
The owners are Portuguese, and have traditional pastry's from their country

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I didn't go to Polanco, instead I made an early visit to its branch in Bolivar 18 in Downtown (Historic Center). It was more than what I expected, with the mix of the old city, great buildings and the decor of the place I could swear I was in some place in Europe, maybe Belgian quarter in Cologne or a small Coffee Shop in Paris.

I checked some pictures of breakfasts at this place beforehand and went with "Huevos de la Cazuela" which appealed to me the most, my breakfast was really good, well cooked and enough. My neighbours where having awesome plates too, so I do believe you can't go wrong with what you ask for here.

Of course I had some macarons to go, they didn't last long, they were delicious!! If anything the place needs a bit more show stopper from outside (I allmost pass it). Service was good, attentive, fast, well mannered, 10/10 for service. Décor was lovely, a bit industrial, enough light, good temperature room. Price is fitted for a high end pastry shop, so it's adequate.

I'll come back!! More likely with a family member, this place is good to talk to someone or even have an early date ;p .

Reviewed July 30, 2016

Hard to comprehend how this place remains a recommended destination in Mexico. This is a small place in Polanco that is neither inviting nor attractive. This could be forgiven if the bread were superior but none of what we bought at two locations warrants the glossy reviews. It is not darn awful a la Globo and Ideal, but there are a dozen better choices in Mexico.

Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

I avoid going cause I love their conchas so much. They are amazing and most of their bread is. Although it is a little pricey I keep going for their conchas, both vanilla and chocolate.