See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 26, 2015

You really can't beat the location. This value / economy hotel is clean and very well located with a friendly staff.

I stayed here with friends for my first trip to Mexico city. The hotel was within walking distance of many major sites and was particularly well suited to traveling with friends.

Have a need for a room with 3 double beds? Just ask. This worked really well for my travel friends and I. No awkward bed sharing / "head to toe" discussions.

PS - The nostalgia of visiting a hotel that still issues metal keys was quite novel! However, it is also a bit of responsibility. Make sure to keep track of it or you might find yourself in a pinch.

Brilliant!

Room Tip: Rooms with 3 beds are available!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2015

I've worked 1-2 weeks in the Mexico city area for the last 16 years, and it has been 2 years since my last visit to the Palace Hotel. It is in the Zona Rosa, a few steps from Columbus circle and the Monument to the Revolution. It is a tourist/business grade hotel. It has the basic amenities for Mexico. The lobby is staffed 24 hours, and most speak good English, but this is Mexico. The restaurant is very good, and have had lots of meals over the years there and they are quite good. There are many restaurants in the area, a Starbucks a few steps away, and a Sanborns around the corner. SInce my last stay there have not been a lot of changes, it still looks in good shape. I would suggest a high or interior room to avoid street noise. Like my own office, they seem to have little change in staff, and it is always heart warming to see the same friendly happy faces year after year, especially when you are well away from home. You can find much nicer places with amenities but the Palace is a bargain and very comfortable. I don't think you will be disappointed. No I don't work for them, but I do consider them my friends.

Room Tip: High or interior rooms to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank musedoc
Reviewed February 20, 2015

Prices are fair and the room I was in was quaint, comfortable enough after a long day of walking around the historical center and clean. I asked for a room far enough from the street, so I can enjoy a quite night and good sleep, and they gave me what I asked for. I paid cash for my room and I got some discount for it. I like the location and how close it is to couple of bus stops and metro station, so I was able to experience Mexico's City public transportation. Strategically located and close enough to many historical places. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is one of those "hidden treasures" every traveller wants to find, Inexpensive, friendly, safe and clean place at an unbeatable price.... Don´t forget this place is right DOWNTOWN.. Everything is nearby, walking distance and public transportation available... I stayed at this place once a week for two years... :) And will gladly come back anytime... It`s a no brainer..

Room Tip: If you are on vacation or business and, like me, you don´t spend too much time at the hotel room, This is the place. -Try the rooms away from the street, it can get noisy at night -Ask for the iron and the iron table in advance. -Haggle with the hotel taxi drivers, they usually give you a good deal if you do. -If you want to take a walk, do it during daylight and preferably along REFORMA ave. (Stay away from Pino Suarez Subway Station) -Check the museum at the Revolution Monument
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaime L
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Mexico City. I like the location, the price and the friendly staff. It is near to shops and restaurants, across the road from the "Monumento a La Revolución" and 4 blocks from the metro station "Revolución" The hotel has recently been renovated. The restaurant is a little more expensive than nearby restaurants although the breakfast buffet is reasonably priced. The W.C. in some rooms is quite noisy when activated (a high pitched squeal) which we found amusing. The hotel taxis are quite a bit more expensive than the regular taxis that pass by the hotel. My wife and I stayed there in December of 2013 and the double room cost $600 pesos par night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple