Start with the bad:
1. The bed is terribly solid and uncomfortable - nothing a little tequila couldn't fix.
2. The room is small and dirty. As one person wrote, there's black stuff stuck to the floor that turned spots of my towel brown when laid on the floor.
3. The light is dim, the door is broken and the bathroom is all one piece (there's nothing to separate the toilette from the sink, or the sink from the shower).
4. It's pretty noisy and I do smell cigarette smoke all around (there was an ashtray in my room).
1. It's embarrassingly cheap. While it's not the best place to stay, it's definitely somewhere I don't MIND staying and the room is absolutely worth the price.
2. It's literally steps from the nearest metro station.
3. The neighborhood actually isn't that bad. I was not afraid to go out at night.
4. The shower gets very hot! After seeing how dirty the floor was, I was surprised to find just how comfortable the shower was.
5. This hotel would get fewer stars if it weren't for the amazing staff. I think the owner is the only one who speaks English, but everyone is patient, kind and the staff is all around pleasant to be around.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel La Selva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Selva Mexico City