“Top 10”
Review of Limosneros

Limosneros
Reserve with OpenTable
Limosneros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 5,697 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$350 - US$600
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Histórico
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Limosneros must be one of the top restaurants in the city.

We were not received by the valet innmediately guess this was because it was Sunday at lunch time. Restaurant was full but not packed. We came without a reservation. Probably a good idea to make one.

The first table we got was upstairs but I insisted on one on the main room, cause I liked the more the ambiance on that one. I was told I had to wait to be sitted there, so we did, after a 5 min wait we got a table near the bar.

Decor is really nice, I loved every detail, nice chandeliers, lights made out of tequila glasses and hanging mezcal bottles look just amazing.

We were not looking for a romantic setup but amazingly we found one! This is deffinetly a fantastic choice for a romantic dinner.

We started with some cocktails, can't remember the names, one with mango and mezcal, other one with gin and hoja santa, all delicious.

We had for starters zuchinni ravioli with a bug called cocopache... I had doubts about this things cause I'm not really into bugs, but Oh my God these are really delicious. Also tried the jamaica tacos, great flsvor also.

We continued with soup, I had tortilla and she had bean soup both were great.

Main course, she had octopus and the ribs for me. While I write my mouth melts both were awesome.

Desert we share something called mars. Whats with this chef?? This thing was to die for!!!

The only thing I regreat is not being able to try more food.

This has become one of my top restaurants. Will be back for more soon!

2  Thank calvarius
Daniel H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Limosneros, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon. Also, thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Los Limosneros is part of the legendary Cafe Tacuba group. But here you will sample fiercely modern Mexican cuisine. Deer, duck, fish and even interesting insects. The service is impeccable and the ambience feels original with centuries old walls and modern lighting fixtures. I always have a great time and sample some fine mezcales. Highly recommended.

1  Thank echenike

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Well worth the experience. The staff is extremely professional and courteous. It's chicatanas season so definitely the time to go and try them with a blend of mole.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

The food was simply great. Did the 6 course tasting menu which definitely had things I never would have ordered on my own but were wonderful (a dish with pears covered in a pistachio sauce is just not something you would think to order but was wonderful). There were ample more traditional and plates - chicken stuffed in a poblano covered by a cream sauce and pomegranates, also great. Something as common as tortilla soup they made seem very inventive. Also had a couple of sipping mezcals which were great. The location is a nice clean bright space.

Daniel H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Limosneros, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Made a bad decision after a day of not eating to decide to go here from Polanco. Took thirty minutes and the time was already nine by the time I arrived. Found the place deserted aside from one table. Food was good. Price and service not so much. Tamarind shrimps were not fresh and had the texture and consistency of those that were stored in the freezer poorly for 3-4 months. Rib eye taco was amazing however. Overall, I would say that while the restaurant isnt bad it should never be your first choice of restaurant.

Thank you very much for visiting Limosneros and writing this review. Your comments and suggestions will surely be taken into account to improve our service and we look forward to welcoming you again.