“Good business hotel”

Ranked #67 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Guildford England
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This review is for the Crowne Plaza that is near the Mexico City World Trade Centre conference centre - I think there are at least two others in the city.
This is a good business-class hotel, with comfortable rooms (good double-glazing so there is minimal street noise at least on the 8th floor where I was), and wifi internet in the rooms (but quite slow on the 8th floor so skype would only support speech, not video). Good-sized bathroom with shower and separate jacuzzi bathtub. My room had a good-sized desk for work, effective aircon and a good mini-bar and coffee-making facilities (nice filter coffee) but Brits note - no way to make tea (just as well I took a travel kettle and powdered milk as well as teabags). There's an excellent buffet breakfast with a huge variety of dishes to choose from. The hotel bar is comfortable and reasonably-priced. The food in the restaurants in the evenings is OK but not brilliant: there is one which does Italian and Mexican food (and also "fusion" eg Mexican pizza!) and another (the one where breakfast is served) which has a very limited menu form some reason. Food and drink prices are moderate by European standards - eg £1.50 for a local beer (Indio is nice - a dark lager), £10 for a huge steak, £5 for pasta. There's quite a good Italian restaurant at the far end of Maricopa, the road opposite the hotel front entrance, called La Strega which looks fancy but is still reasonably priced at £7 for a fairly good pasta.

Room Tip: This is not on a main traffic route, but get a room at the back of the hotel to avoid street noise...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Miguel Angel R, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear BarrySandell,

We are happy to know that your stay was very good, thank you for your excellent comments about our room & bathroom with jacuzzy, the breakfast buffet and the lobby bar.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico and we look forward the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I picked this Holiday Inn because I got an amazing deal with points from Holidayinn.com and they advertised a free shuttle from the airport. When I got to the airport I found out that the free shuttle is only from the hotel to the airport and not the other way around.

The hotel was quite pretty but had a few minor inconveniences. I waited at a desk in the lobby for a while before I was informed that as a priority member I needed to check in upstairs. They should have told me this before I waited for an agent and started the process downstairs. The bellman was very nice and offered to look into a bus schedule for me the next day and said he'd be right back with it. He never returned. The room service was ok. The bathroom was lovely but I never found any soap. The hotel is very nice but only convenient to the WTC. I would stay here again only if I had an overnight in DF and got the same great deal (75% discount). If I'm in town for longer, I much prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn at the zocalo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear NCtravelz,

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry because we don´t have the shuttle from the Hotel to the airport

Best Regards

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I went just for one night to Mexico City to attend a meeting and since my arrival to the hotel the staff was very friendly and willing to satisfy all my needs.
The room was very spacious and the bed amazing.
The bathroom was very nice with a separate bathtub and shower.
The service was good but the hair dryer in the bathroom was not working and I asked for another one and they were really nice and quick in delivering it to my room.
Even I just stayed for the night I got the chance to sleep well and recover from the trip and the meeting.
They have fresh and coffee, so if you are in a hurry as I was I just grab a coffee, did a express check out at 7 and head to the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear nellymty,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your opinion regarding your quick business trip; Your comments have been reviewed by the Hotel managements and we appreciate your wonderful feedback about our staff, the room, the bathtub and the service; Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Overall the service was excellent everywhere- bell stand, front desk, bar and restaurants and maids. The only exception was that the front desk didn't recognize me for top level Priority Club membership, something that pretty much every IC hotel does. However, my room was very nice: shower and jacuzzi bath, very comfortable bed, very clean and relatively quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent, though expensive. I thought the pizza might be good, given the gas/brick pizza oven, but it was hardly edible. The more traditional Mexico dinner items were much better. Given the many excellent restaurants nearby, I would go explore if you have the time. I will definitely stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Azailor12,

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion regarding your stay at this Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico. We appreciate the comments about our staff, the service, and the restaurants; Please accpet our sincere apologies because our front desk staff did not recognize as a Priority Club membership.
We look forward to your return visit

Sincerely

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Nice Hotel, Excellent Staff, Comfortable Room, Complete Bathroom, Nice Food & Beverage

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
CrowneP, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, 16 April 2011
Thanks for your comments...
Our goal is to exceed the expectations of service to our guests.

This is your home,
Durango, CO
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My husband and I got a room here (on December 26, 2010) with a jacuzzi tub and enjoyed it! The bed was very comfortable. We stayed on the 7th floor and had a view of the World Trade Center. We ate at Bellini's (revolving restaurant) located at the top of the World Trade Center and that was very nice. There is no pool at this hotel. They said that they were remodeling the upper floors and perhaps by now, there are more updates to the rooms. I would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamasita-sota
We'd love to offer the service of swimming pool, and we are suggesting.
we hope to return very soon and visit our restaurants. Also recommended for good food.
We are currently remodeling a room (Presidential Suite)

Thanks for your comments!
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I stayed two nights at this hotel on a short business trip, and it was an excellent choice. The staff was attentive and friendly. I had no problems during my stay. The room was modern, clean, and functional. I had a nice view from the 9th floor. I had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant downstairs, and it was good. I also had a dinner in the restaurant, which was OK, but nothing special. I did not bring a car, so I can't comment on the parking garage under the hotel. My only complaint is the home web page for the hotel listed a free airport shuttle as an amenity when I booked my stay. When I asked about the shuttle to the airport, I was told it cost 220 pesos, and the free shuttle statement has since disappeared from their web site.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Dear ajnuff,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your opinion regarding your stay; We appreciate your comments about our staff, the service, the room and the restaurants.
Please allow me this oportunity to apologize for the inconvenience because the shuttle service, We offer this service in certain times just in the morning.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely ppreciated, We look forward to your return visit.