“Most welcoming”

Ranked #71 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Most welcoming”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel located close to the WTC - very helpful staff all of whom speak perfect English. Corner room on the 8th floor was very nice - whirlpool bath (which we'd never normally use was put into action due to sore feet & achy knees from pounding the pavements!) was most welcome. The only negative thing I can think of is the lighting in the room at night is appaulling ! Hardly any fixtures & low wattage bulbs. The concierge did recommend 2 good restaurants, La Sabor del Tiempo & Cantina de los Remedios, which are a short walk away.
We've not always had success with what a concierge recommends - but both of these were great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YR R
Miguel Angel R, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear YR R,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico.
We really appreciate your opinion about our staff, the room, the location and our Concierges.
Thank you for your stay and we hope you will continue to use this Hotel as your lodging of choice.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
milan
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I spent a week in Mexico City for some business meetings. The Crowne Plaza was a very good choice: very nice and calm room, very comfortable bed, not a single issue.
I used the restaurant, that were ok, the gym (nice and open all day).
The WIFI internet connection is free, although not super powerful, but ok.
So... thumbs up for this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear albr71,

Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated; Thank you for your great comments and thank you for your thumbs up.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards

Assistant to General Manager
Guildford England
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This review is for the Crowne Plaza that is near the Mexico City World Trade Centre conference centre - I think there are at least two others in the city.
This is a good business-class hotel, with comfortable rooms (good double-glazing so there is minimal street noise at least on the 8th floor where I was), and wifi internet in the rooms (but quite slow on the 8th floor so skype would only support speech, not video). Good-sized bathroom with shower and separate jacuzzi bathtub. My room had a good-sized desk for work, effective aircon and a good mini-bar and coffee-making facilities (nice filter coffee) but Brits note - no way to make tea (just as well I took a travel kettle and powdered milk as well as teabags). There's an excellent buffet breakfast with a huge variety of dishes to choose from. The hotel bar is comfortable and reasonably-priced. The food in the restaurants in the evenings is OK but not brilliant: there is one which does Italian and Mexican food (and also "fusion" eg Mexican pizza!) and another (the one where breakfast is served) which has a very limited menu form some reason. Food and drink prices are moderate by European standards - eg £1.50 for a local beer (Indio is nice - a dark lager), £10 for a huge steak, £5 for pasta. There's quite a good Italian restaurant at the far end of Maricopa, the road opposite the hotel front entrance, called La Strega which looks fancy but is still reasonably priced at £7 for a fairly good pasta.

Room Tip: This is not on a main traffic route, but get a room at the back of the hotel to avoid street noise...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear BarrySandell,

We are happy to know that your stay was very good, thank you for your excellent comments about our room & bathroom with jacuzzy, the breakfast buffet and the lobby bar.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico and we look forward the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I picked this Holiday Inn because I got an amazing deal with points from Holidayinn.com and they advertised a free shuttle from the airport. When I got to the airport I found out that the free shuttle is only from the hotel to the airport and not the other way around.

The hotel was quite pretty but had a few minor inconveniences. I waited at a desk in the lobby for a while before I was informed that as a priority member I needed to check in upstairs. They should have told me this before I waited for an agent and started the process downstairs. The bellman was very nice and offered to look into a bus schedule for me the next day and said he'd be right back with it. He never returned. The room service was ok. The bathroom was lovely but I never found any soap. The hotel is very nice but only convenient to the WTC. I would stay here again only if I had an overnight in DF and got the same great deal (75% discount). If I'm in town for longer, I much prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn at the zocalo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear NCtravelz,

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry because we don´t have the shuttle from the Hotel to the airport

Best Regards

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I went just for one night to Mexico City to attend a meeting and since my arrival to the hotel the staff was very friendly and willing to satisfy all my needs.
The room was very spacious and the bed amazing.
The bathroom was very nice with a separate bathtub and shower.
The service was good but the hair dryer in the bathroom was not working and I asked for another one and they were really nice and quick in delivering it to my room.
Even I just stayed for the night I got the chance to sleep well and recover from the trip and the meeting.
They have fresh and coffee, so if you are in a hurry as I was I just grab a coffee, did a express check out at 7 and head to the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear nellymty,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your opinion regarding your quick business trip; Your comments have been reviewed by the Hotel managements and we appreciate your wonderful feedback about our staff, the room, the bathtub and the service; Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Overall the service was excellent everywhere- bell stand, front desk, bar and restaurants and maids. The only exception was that the front desk didn't recognize me for top level Priority Club membership, something that pretty much every IC hotel does. However, my room was very nice: shower and jacuzzi bath, very comfortable bed, very clean and relatively quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent, though expensive. I thought the pizza might be good, given the gas/brick pizza oven, but it was hardly edible. The more traditional Mexico dinner items were much better. Given the many excellent restaurants nearby, I would go explore if you have the time. I will definitely stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Azailor12,

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion regarding your stay at this Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico. We appreciate the comments about our staff, the service, and the restaurants; Please accpet our sincere apologies because our front desk staff did not recognize as a Priority Club membership.
We look forward to your return visit

Sincerely

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Nice Hotel, Excellent Staff, Comfortable Room, Complete Bathroom, Nice Food & Beverage

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
CrowneP, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, 16 April 2011
Thanks for your comments...
Our goal is to exceed the expectations of service to our guests.

This is your home,