“Weird experiance at this hotel.”

Eurostars Zona Rosa Suites
Ranked #137 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Anchorage, Alaska
“Weird experiance at this hotel.”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Okay so I didn't get why there were almost a hundred people out in front of the hotel. Turns out there was a celebrity music group staying here. Upon further investigation this music group had almost 2 million hits on YouTube but I still had no idea who these guys were but their presence in this hotel wreaked havoc and caused quite a disturbance with paparazzi and fans trying to snap pictures, sneak in for autographs, going down halls, etc. The group was traveling with an entourage of security which didn't make much of a difference. The police stood outside of the hotel and for 3 days straight these fans would come and go at all hours. For starters I am not a picky traveler all I desire is a decent bed in a clean room with peace and quite. However, I got more then I bargained for at this hotel. Yes, it's close to all the boutiques, shopping, bars, Starbucks, Mcdonalds, and enough 711's your head would spin. To make a long story short this hotel is average for what you expect in Mexico. The rooms are clean however are small and the published photos are somewhat misleading giving you the perception the room is large. The plus was there was a nice size refrigerator to chill wine and beverages in the room. In the end would I stay here again... yes but with mixed feelings.

Room Tip: Book at least on the 10th floor or higher.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was travel sick and leaving room at 1:30 in afternoon (late) after numerous calls and knocks on door. The front desk actually brought a police officer to my door to evict me and then tried to charge another full night while officer stood immediately behind me at desk.. Beware of managers in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Thomas B
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The location is great, in a busy street full of restaurants, convenience stores and very close to a subway station. The hotel room was very big. But there are two problems: the room and the restaurant were very dirty and the bathroom’s door had a transparent line and no locker! I was with my brother and had to tell him whenever I went to bathroom.
In addition to that, the pillow was terrible and gave me backaches!
I asked the receptionist for a tour to go to Teotihuacan, a great anthropological site near the city. He gave me the price of 40 dollars per person for a 5-hour tour. I said it was too much and he answered: “so, you have to go independently” and nothing else. I researched and found out there was a bus leaving the subway station of Indios Verdes every 20 minutes. I paid around 10 dollars going independently. He should at least have told me about all my options.
I certainly don’t recommend and wouldn’t go back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura S
Holbox Island, Mexico
Reviewed 30 January 2012

It's a warm sunny day in Mexico City and a quick walk-through the Zona Rosa and you're struck with the bee-hive activity style of the city. One hotel that impressed us was the Zona Rosa Suites with it's more than inviting smorgsaboard, excellent front desk customer service and well appointed room(s). After inspecting one of their rooms it was obvious to us that this is a "must stay at" hotel next time in town. The room was spacious, clean and and well laid out.The price is also very respectful to the customer. For something a little more upscale there is always the Hotel Geneve almost across the street. So much choice in such a small area.

Room Tip: Ask to see several rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I didn't book in advance any hotel in Mexico City and I checked a couple of hotels before to make a decition. This hotel was not the cheapest but it has excellent manners. When we were to book our room there isn't any non smoker room so they upgraded our room for free. Bed was ok and clean, bathroom clean and good conditions but it requieres a little attention. WiFi good. Televisions are CTR's but they're good. Our resting was great, but at 7:00 am it started a loud noise by our neighbours when they took a shower and when they go to wc, its really noisy at that time, affotunaly it was not a problem for us because it was the time my alarm clock rang.
But buffete it was amazing it doesnt show a lot of dishes but the dishes shown are great! good quality, good flavor, and variety is good enogh. Absolutly I'll spend my nights in that city in that hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have stayed several times in this hotel. Even though I had once a bad experience, the rest of my stays have been really good. Location is the prime reason for me to choose to stay here but they serve nice breakfast, too. And the rooms are so spacious that the feeling is to be in your own apartment. I like the fact that I can receive visits from friends and we seat at the lounge area in the room, not feeling we are at a hotel. Gym coud be improved, as machines are a bit too old and not always working properly. But in general, a good place to stay, as it has usually been.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AusverGeorge
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights and couldn't get over the size of the suite for the price I paid. It was so nice to have a separate living room area to relax in.
I found the staff very helpful and accommodating during my stay. I did use the small gym area which was quite adequate. Overall I was very happy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo