All reviewsparque mexicoboutique hotelfrench press coffeenightlife optionsart decocondesa neighborhoodtrendy areabeautiful parklovely neighborhoodmodern amenitieshot waterroom safeevery eveningbusiness or pleasurecar servicewithin walking distancespent nights
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

This place was great! Right by a park and in a really cool location. Within walking distance of Roma and Polanco (if you’re willing to walk). We took uber every where, it was so easy! Customer service is great! They cater to you, offer snacks in the evening and drinks. Answer all questions and are very friendly. This place is great!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank carolinx
StaffHippodrome, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hippodrome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for writing us and sharing your opinion.
We are very glad to read your five stars review.
It is great to know that you appreciated our location and found our customer service "amazing".
Hoping to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I stayed during the NFL weekend in CDMX with my son and his wife after they raved about this location and great staff.

I really enjoyed the concept of how this hotel takes care of its guests from check in and how attentive they are to whatever you need via their "butler service".

Ruben and Leo took care of me mostly but all the staff (Karina, Alberto, Marlon, Luca, and the housekeeping staff) were all so polite and made you feel "at home".

Highly recommended and I look forward to my next stay!

Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
StaffHippodrome, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hippodrome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Dear guest,
thank you very much for writing us this positive review.
All the members of the Hippodrome Staff are glad to read that, thanks to them, you felt "at home".
An excellent service is one of our main goal and it is great to know that you had such a nice experience with us.
Look forward to welcoming you for your next stay,
Kind Regards.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

I just spent 4 nights celebrating the New Year in the terrace suite at the Hippodrome Hotel. For me, the hotel is exactly what you want in a boutique - attention to design details, creature comforts like Molton Brown bath products, bud vases with fresh flowers on the vanity and at the bedside, a butler instead to bring you an afternoon cocktail - not a minibar. If you are looking to replicate a Ritz Carlton or St. Regis experience - book in one of those places. This is not a luxury hotel - though the Hippodrome is not short on amenities or personal attention.

First, the Hippodrome is situated on a beautiful side street in Condesa, only a stone's throw from the lovely Parque Mexico. For those who do not take one of the terrace rooms, the Parque is an ideal spot to watch the people of Condesa walk their dogs (and it seems like everyone in Condesa has one!), practice all manner of dance and martial arts or just play with their kids. The Parque is alive, but not bustling. And that might be the way I would describe Condesa - an impressive mix of Art Deco buildings (of which the Hippodrome is a prime example) alongside modernist structures. The tree-lined streets that lead to parks that lead to plazas make this an incredibly walk-able neighborhood. Condesa's (and some of Mexico City's) finest cafes and restaurants are reached easily on foot from the Hotel. Some reviewers have complained about noise, but this Manhattanite was actually struck by how quiet thing were. It is also worth mentioning that the Condesa neighboorhood was affected by the earthquake - some large buildings sit empty with exposed cracks in the facade. The damaged structures are sufficient in number to notice, but certainly did not impact my ability to enjoy this lovely neighborhood.

When I was not out exploring Condesa (and beyond), I enjoyed relaxing in my room or on the sunny terrace. Some of my personal favorites from the hotel include the marble and glass walk-in rainwater shower (big enough to drive a truck in) and the manicured terrace (ideal for reading the newspaper while sipping your coffee or thumbing The New Yorker while sipping a tequila (I did both!)). Also of note for the curious traveler: (i) I asked the hotel to arrange a pickup from the airport on arrival without issue; (ii) the wifi was fast and worked easily; (iii) the front desk was happy to help with reservations at restaurants or give directions; (iv) the complimentary breakfast - delivered to my room - consisted of French-pressed coffee, juice, croissant and fresh fruit (sufficient for me); (v) the in-hotel restaurant is currently closed (which, as I understand from management is temporary, but you won't go hungry in Condesa) and (vi) there are in-room safes which work.

If i had one complaint about my stay, it was that housekeeping did not arrive until late in the day, often after I was already back in the room catching up on e-mail or getting read for dinner. I asked them to simply change the towels and not worry with making up beds. In a hotel of this size (16 rooms), I would think the planning could be a bit better to avoid servicing rooms when guests are in them, though.

All in all - I recommend this hotel for those traveling for business or pleasure. It was the perfect end to 2017, and the exact way I wanted to start 2018 - in style, rested and rejuvenated.

Room Tip: Go for the terraces suites.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul H
StaffHippodrome, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hippodrome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your wonderful review.
It is very satisfying for each one of us from the Hippodrome Staff to receive comments like yours.
We are glad to read that you appreciated our facility, amenities and services, and enjoyed our beautiful location, right in the middle of la Condesa.
We are also very happy to know that you found our hotel the best place where to start the new year.
Thanks again for recommending us.
Look forward to welcoming you back,
Kind Regards.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

Hipster design friends, don't be fooled by the art deco facade or neighborhood. This teeny tiny, one-chair lobby hotel has dark hallways, bad lighting, is unclean, and doesn't bother to advise guests about the current status of the hotel. The restaurant/bar is CLOSED. No renovations are under way. It's closed folks, and there's not much around this neighborhood. Which made for a sad arrival for this solo traveler on Christmas Eve. Also I was the only guest. Scary. And the sheets on my bed hadn't been changed--much to the disbelief of the desk clerk, but not the butler, who quickly came up and changed them. I had already unpacked and didn't want to change rooms. The apt building across the street is condemned from the recent earthquake. A disconcerting view. Breakfast "served in your room" was a stale sweet roll, old fruit cup and bad coffee. No bottled water available at all. Shower took a good 10 minutes for hot water. Needless to say, I was forced to change hotels on Christmas Day, to considerable expense. Many other choices in Mexico City. This solo traveler suggests the Polanco neighborhood.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, we take this as an opportunity to convey our side of the story to other travelers whom may be interested in staying at our beautiful hotel.
We are sorry you did not have a great experience with us. We always try to do our best to fulfill our guests needs and requests, and we can understand that everyone has a different take on tastes and likes.
Sheets are changed in every room every day, and yours were changed by your buttler as per your request. Our restaurant is under renovation and it is clearly indicated on our web site. Bottles of water and some other kinds of beverage are always available for our guests. As can be seen on other past reviews, most of our guests appreciated the facilities (lighting, hallways and lobby), the cleanliness, the breakfast and, especially, the neighborhood. Unfortunately our neighborhood, la Condesa, was badly damaged during the earthquake, but had quickly recovered and is back to being one of the most loved by tourists and locals.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t like our hotel and felt “forced to change”, especially when the staff offered you to see and choose a bigger and better room to feel more comfortable. You declined the offer and quickly left the hotel without giving us the opportunity.
Best Regards.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Starting with the pros: nice breakfast served to the room. Sweet complimentary drinks (2 per day) served to the room every evening. Room was nicely decorated with complimentary Netflix on the TV and the area is lovely - really recommend condesa.

Cons: the room was pretty small (the same size as a midtown manhattan room), and by the reception where it was noisy and played music till 930pm (awkward when jet-lagged) On two occasions we called down to ask for the TV/Blinds and no-one came up to help (although they did apologize when we raised this) The restaurant is also currently under refurb which wasn't mentioned when I booked

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fanof5star
PJsMM, Director Comercial at Hippodrome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear guest: Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you, we regret the inconveniences, next time you visit us we will be happy to hear of any trouble which we will try to fix immediately. Hope to see you in the near future.