Barcelo Mexico Reforma(Mexico City)
US$87
Barcelo.com
US$358
US$235
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$291/night.

US$110
US$290
Hotels.com
US$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$159
US$67
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2015

I had high hopes about the hotel after reading the description in the Lonely Planet. When we got there, there were no animals in the restaurant, the hotel (120$ a night) did not provide bottled water, the water form the tub came out dark brown, the "american style" food ordered by the room service was very dispointing and the cab that the receptionist called for the airport was overpriced because the Hotel takes a cut on every ride.

I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

Hotel was close by and was a better option available around 2:30am after 19 hours flight. The employees were polite and courteous. We had booked 2 rooms, our room was TOO hot (room no 206). We requested another room and were given different one the next day, however, we could not open the door(204) nor were the employees, so we were given another room. Apart from the employees and there customer service, we didn't find anything else to rate better.
The carpet are so dirty ( your's feet will go black if you forget to wear socks or slippers)
The bathroom and the toilets are too small, there is very little space to move around.
Overall, it's an average, however, if you could have better option then go for it.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2015

Overall a great hotel.

Service is amazing. We had received a room for two, but we finally ended up being 4. Hotel charged a fee of approx. $90CAD but not more, which was appreciated since we realized that being a tourist in Mexico can be really expensive. Park Villa shares the property with another 5stars hotel, and we could access internet in the business lodge of this hotel. No internet access at Park Villa itself.

Hotel is 5 mns walk away from a metro station, making it easier for tourists to commute to the Palace area.

Beds are stiff, but rooms are properly ventilated. Cleanliness is average.

Hotel restaurant was amazing, manager and waiter were so kind to us. Food also really good, best dinner of our stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and attention,
Clean and cozy rooms
Reasonably priced for the area,
I come for business and to visit family. The restaurant while it seemed overpriced had very good food and bar service. Beats going anywhere around for traffic, and distances. The lions while they are confined indeed, appear well fed and clean. They have been there ever since I remember. Let's say a couple decades. The staff appears to be the same as well.
Chapultepec in walking range!

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank JacoboR
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I don't know what it is, but this hotel has the best staff that I have ever come across in a hotel. EVERY single one of them, from the gentlemen at the front desk, to the housekeeping and restaurant staff were all so kind, helpful and down to earth. Truly blessed and amazing.

The hotel on the other hand, has both positive and negative aspects which should be highlighted:
So, as for the positives:
1. The hotel is extremely well cleaned on a daily basis, towels and soaps replenished faithfully
2. The location- fairly decent for access to La Condessa and is within walking distance to Chapultepec Park, viz. placing one within walking distance of museums, a zoo and some other attractions (castle). If you are a jogger like me, the proximity to the park is a bonus, since it is a great place to do just that
3. Every evening, guests receive a complementary fruit (I found it a nice touch)
4. Tours could be booked and paid for right at the front desk. This hotel uses Metropolis Tours. The Company seems to have it together so it was not an issue for me to use them for more than one tour.
5. The front desk staff and a few of the restaurant and housekeeping staff spoke English. This was a great service to me (especially the front desk staff) since I am a mere beginner when it comes to the language.
6. Although not included, the breakfast at the hotel was pretty good and plentiful. I would, however, recommend grabbing breakfast while you are out touring the city, since breakfast at this restaurant is a wee bit expensive.
7. Warning: this probably cannot be done by everyone, but I am known for drinking water straight from the tap in every country I visit, to test it out, (because I drink lots of water and I am NOT trying to spend heaps on bottled water daily). So for people that don't have particularly fussy stomachs, you can actually drink the water here and not get sick.
8. The architecture of the building has a traditional feel to it, making it quite charming to look at from the outside. The garden surrounding the restaurant is also quite pretty.

As for the aspects that I was not greatly fond of:

1. The room is small and dark. Cozy perhaps if it were not the rainy season in Mexico at the time I visited. As such, it was a bit gloomy. Just beware of the fact that the lighting is soft and the colour scheme gives an amber glow to everything during the night. During the day, be sure to get out fast so that you don't get depressed.
2. The arrangement of the hotel does not allow for interaction with other guests. You get the feeling of isolation since there are no real common spaces. If you are one to socialize and walk around and explore the place, there is nothing much to see or do here other than sleep and possibly grab a meal at the restaurant downstairs with the garden view.
3. This hotel sits at the back of the grander, more expensive Green Park Hotel. They appear to be under the same management, since there is a visible partnership with staff and services, amenities. It is obvious that the Park Villa came before the Green Park. The Green Park is better situated on the compound and you feel as if it is designed with more of an international appeal. I did not, however, like the fact that every morning when I took a tour, I was required to await the bus in the lobby of the Green Park. At the end of the tour, I was dropped off at said Green Park. I did not understand the need for this.
4. The road access for the Park Villa (i.e. when not approaching through the parking lot of the Green Park), does not strike you as the safest bet during the evening. the lighting on the street is poor, so walking out is ill advised. Not to mention, there isn't much to see within walking distance in the night from here.
5. The Park Villa is a bit dated. Now, don't get me wrong, it is charming in its design, but when light fixtures need to warm up before they work properly, toilet tanks leak into the toilet bowl, and shower doors won't close properly, you get the distinct impression that some general upgrades need to be done.

Generally, this hotel is a simple and charming option for the budget traveler. Given the price and the fact that none of the issues are super critical/ make or break, I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo